Frostie Paws for dogs...

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The heat of summer is right around the corner and our faithful companions need (and deserve) a treat on those hot, and sometimes, humid days.
This frozen dog treat (by Nestlé) is sold in grocery stores nation-wide at $3.50 to 4 bucks for four. I did not do the math, butt I know I'm saving a bundle using this recipe.
1 quart of vanilla yogurt and 2 tablespoons of honey

2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana or two

Puree the banana(s) in a blender or food processor.

Add the peanut butter and honey and continue to puree/mix/blend until smooth.

Add yogurt and process to blend everything together.

You'll need bathroom size paper cups, or something like these, 4 ounce condiment plastic cups. This recipe will fill about 14 to 15 of these cups.

Pour the blended mixture into these cups that are neatly placed on a baking sheet that'll fit nicely in your freezer.

When frozen, store them in a zip-lock bag.

Your pooch will eet it up like there's no tomorrow and LOVE IT!!

Last edited:

Paul K

TVWBB Guru
Jim,

Nice recipe. Judging by your pics, another bonus is that you don't have to wash the cups after wards. Your pooch cleaned it for you!

Paul

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
actually Paul, i do wash them...when she's done with it, the cup is pretty slimey and covered with dog hair

i've been lookin' for those paper ice cream cups, the type we'd get with wood "spoons" 30, 40, 50 years ago...

Mike McGlinn

TVWBB Member
This sounds awesome and I know my dogs would love them but I need to substitute something for the peanut butter. My son has a severe peanut/tree nut allergies.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Mike, simply omit the peanut butter altogether. Doggies won't know you skipped the PB

The bananas and honey along with the vanilla yogurt will be pawfect for them

AND, it's real human food too...

Mike McGlinn

TVWBB Member
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Mike, simply omit the peanut butter altogether. Doggies won't know you skipped the PB

The bananas and honey along with the vanilla yogurt will be pawfect for them

AND, it's real human food too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Heck, I expect I'll be eating them right along with the dogs.

timothy

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Man I don't know how I missed this one Jim..

Both my labs and the German Shepard are going to get a treat!!
Thanks for the recipe!!

Tim

Bob Correll

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Two paws up from Brooke!
First taste in her bowl:

Then straight up, from the cup:

Dog gone, all gone!

Thanks for the recipe Jim!!

Last edited:

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Two paws up from Brooke!
First taste in her bowl:

Then straight up, from the cup:

I don't have any pets...and I'm making these tomorrow. LOL
Dog gone, all gone!

Thanks for the recipe Jim!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

joe_c

if we end up getting a freezer for the basement i am DEF making these, our frosty paw expenses are as high as our bully stick expenses.

our golden is spoiled.

Mac

TVWBB Guru
Hey Jimbo'
I meant to respond to this in April, but totally spaced it.
I made this for the fourth time on Saturday. The "Boys" absolutly love 'em.
My twist on them is to freeze in Ice cube trays, then into ziplock bags.
I'd take some pics of them eating them, but I can't afford a High Speed Camera a this time.
Thank's from me and the Boys.
Nanque (Nan-nook) and Mocha.

Oh yea almost forgot, Bob C.
They want to know if Brooke is seeing anybody and can they get her number?

Bob Correll

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oh yea almost forgot, Bob C.
They want to know if Brooke is seeing anybody and can they get her number </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dunno Mac, not sure I can trust my girl with those cute little rascals!

Seeing your post reminded me that she was due a FP treat, gone in 30 seconds.
Funny how she doesn't spill a drop, but when she drinks water it goes everywhere!

Mac

TVWBB Guru
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Funny how she doesn't spill a drop, but when she drinks water it goes everywhere! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya gotta love those Labs.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
you guys are a riot!

i make these frosties every two weeks, Maddie gets one so i don't hafta give her a steak bone or barbecue or anything us humans eet... and she's HAPPY with that

Mac

TVWBB Guru
Bumping this topic.
Summer and hotter weather are just around the bend.
Don't forget about the Furry Four Legged's.

Linda

TVWBB Fan
What a kool idea! My pups, Beanie & Seamus are going to love these treats. Hopefully, they'll share with their dear old mom!:)

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Bumping this again, got to be sure our pups are takin care of on these hot days.

Raddy and her pup Holly watching us make the first batch.

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
You guys have picky dogs, my dog is happy grabbing the ice cubes that hit the floor when we get ice out of the fridge!!