Fried Chicken Thighs again

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I'm a huge fan of fried chicken, could eat it every week!!

Started out with some CI skillet corn bread

Made some pinto beans in the crockpot. Soaked the beans overnight, then added the beans to the crockpot with fresh water, added a chopped sweet onion, a package of store bought smoked pork neck bones, cumin, a couple of whole jalapenoes, and added some Lawry's salt at the end of the cook.

Battered up some chicken thighs in Louisiana Chicken Fry and fried them up in my newly acquired CI Combo Cooker.

Chicken done and resting

My plate. As much as I love fried chicken it was the beans I had a hard time staying away from. My wife agreed, should be an interesting evening later!

I'm with you, John. I could eat that stuff every week. Especially when it looks like yours. I just got back from the French Quarter and ate fried chicken 2 out of 4 days. Would have been 3 or 4, but Willie Mae's was closed on Sunday. :)

However, I'm still trying to figure out why the finished plate only has ONE chicken thigh on it?

Also, did you cook the cornbread indirect on the kettle, or just put it there for the picture?

Last edited:
Was just thinking that fried chicken was sounding good! Yours looks great! Nice fry!

Back