Fridge getting old.......REALLY old

Remember to shut off the water to the fridge and let the ice maker drop its last cubes. Saves mopping…..

Let me know how it goes, my DOD date is midday Friday.

Yeah, once I have a time for the delivery I will pull the fridge back myself. And uninstall the water line. I'll keep a catch can but I can bleed the line from the basement.
I used to be running 2 separate filter systems (until a couple weeks ago). I had RO running to the ice maker, and just highly filtered water straight from the supply and without any "softening". And I am really loving that, especially for my sparkling water I am making with that My Soda carbonator I bought.
The Samsung will have the beverage center but no through the door ice. I looked at the back of one and there is no way for me to separate the ice maker supply from the beverage center supply. So I hooked the regular filtered up currently just to see if it works well enough to keep the little white flakes from being deposited in a cocktail (hate that). Seems to be just fine BTW.
So I'll be likely just pulling the RO system so, I can move the main system to a more discreet location, and reduce the number of water lines in the basement

The refrigerators I own require wood blocking on the floor to properly space the doors from being dented from the walls or cabinets.
Your glass doors won’t dent but I paid the price with my stainless doors in California when the fridge crept back just a little bit too far.
Also not that it really matters but lots of building codes require un-softened water at this point of use.

I’m happy for ya and think you’ll like this new fridge 👍.

Looks like I have to remove the front door to make it fit through so I’ll need to get that done as well.
Oh, here is the one I got.

I have had the 2 drawer freezer on the current LG and opted to go with a single drawer. Not a feature I’d want to repeat.

LG 26 cu. ft. Smart Counter-Depth MAX French Door Refrigerator​

1717615698980.jpeg

Looks like I have to remove the front door to make it fit through so I’ll need to get that done as well.
Oh, here is the one I got.

I have had the 2 drawer freezer on the current LG and opted to go with a single drawer. Not a feature I’d want to repeat.

LG 26 cu. ft. Smart Counter-Depth MAX French Door Refrigerator​

View attachment 92636
Weird. I have a 36" front door, the fridge should fit through fine.

Except now I am a little worried. New fridge is just a hair over 34" back to the front of the doors. Even though I have a 36" front door, there is only about 33" available. between the door jambs, edge of the actual door plus the Knox Box on the jamb. (Knox Box is a special key safe for use by fire dept for a "just in case" moment") Only they can open it and expose the screws. When I installed it I followed the Fire Dept suggestions But, now I wish I'd done it differently. My brother said the installers are used to pulling the fridge doors off to fit them through. So, I am a little "less worried" now. But still nervous as the door (and drawer) fronts are glass not plain steel

There's always something responsible for sleepless nights. Hopefully, your concern is not necessary.

Well luckily I found an installation video for the fridge. And apparently it's a very simple operation to pop the doors off.
Yeah Mark. Me too. And then that Knox Box in the way

As long as you don't have a narrow hallway and you have room on one side of the door the movers do a butterfly method.
They remove the freezer drawer completely and open the doors on the fridge like a book and swing it in.
I was impressed when they did mine.
There are some you tube videos on that

As long as you don't have a narrow hallway and you have room on one side of the door the movers do a butterfly method.
They remove the freezer drawer completely and open the doors on the fridge like a book and swing it in.
I was impressed when they did mine.
There are some you tube videos on that
Yeah, I thought about that as well. Would save them some trouble but, seems like it could turn to more work than needed. Can't help but wonder if just popping the doors off. It looks like Samsung made it pretty easy

At the day job I manage construction of new homes. Appliance installers pull fridge doors virtually every time to bring fridge units into the home. In my 25+ years of this, I have not encountered a unit that the doors can't be removed.

Many times the fridge with doors will clear the front house door, but the handles on the unit protrude killing access. Many times the handles ship loose inside the unit for this reason.

As Larry found out, a 3/0 front door nets less due to the door stops and in his case, his lock box.

If memory serves many years ago when I brought the Amana home, (it's 34" from back to the end of the handles) we had to take out the freezer drawer and the top door as well. So, yeah, more I think about it and the more I realize most standard front doors are 36" then it must be a more common thing than I'd suspected

Today is the day! Hope it all goes well Larry. Please let me know what you ended up doing to get it in the house so I can get mine in Friday.

Today is the day! Hope it all goes well Larry. Please let me know what you ended up doing to get it in the house so I can get mine in Friday.
You bet Mark. I am going to let the installers make the decision because if something goes awry it's on them and Costco not me. If I offer suggestion or help in any way. Suddenly it's on me if anything happens. I got the old one cleaned out but still running. Don't want to risk having it not running if those guys screw up and have to cart the new one back. I have to turn the water off to the ice maker so I think I'll eat my spinach, pull it out and disconnect that while waiting

Well the fridge is in and working nicely. The installers were incredible (I gave them a $60 tip). That is the good news. But, there is bad news. They sent the wrong fridge. Partly my fault, partly Costco's and a lot Microsoft's.
When my wife and I were on Costco's site we were using MS Edge browser. We were deciding between the 4 door French door fridge with beverage center. We had the 2 tone pulled up on the site. We then decided against the 2 tone (blue glass top and white glass bottom drawers) to the all "white" glass. When we chose the alternate color Costco's site (through a glitch in the browser), switched the model number. We both failed to catch it as both fridges outwardly have the same specs, same price, etc. So it was not apparent when I placed the order.
So I called Costco. Apparently it's been an issue they knew about. As the first thing the CSR asked me, was "which browser did I use, was it Edge?" She indicated mine was not the only messed up order due to Edge doing this. I went back on the site did the same thing and AGAIN Edge switched it. So she said to try it in Chrome or my phone. Sure enough it worked. Well they're picking up this on and delivering the correct one this coming Tuesday. Sad this happens.
But, I have to say so far I am impressed with this fridge.

1717717969236.jpeg

Back