Friday's Follies

Pete in PG

TVWBB Pro
Nothing complex but all good.

My sister sent me a care package from Bobby Nelson's Cheese Shop in Kenosha, WI. Great appetizer!!

IMG_3988.JPG

Simple stuff here.... Just some wings dusted with Chef Merito's seasoning.

IMG_3990.JPG

Getting there! We're probably just past the 1 hour mark - indirect and 325

IMG_3992.JPG

Quesadillas joining the fun.

IMG_3996.JPG

Please pull up a chair and join me!

IMG_3997.JPG

Let's have some dessert too.... pineapple upside down cake. No pines or apples were harmed in making this cake.

IMG_3480.JPG

Dig in!

IMG_3482.JPG

Thanks for lookin' at my cookin'!

It looks like you absolutely nailed those wings! Did you do any special prep steps (like drying them in advance)? I'm still trying to get to the point that I can nail wings consistently, and yours look EXACTLY like what I'm aiming for.

Mark R stole the words right out of my...keyboard.

You made it look so simple, and I can hear the crunch in them!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I make wings about every other week and I think the Chef Merito's is my favorite dry rub.

It looks like you absolutely nailed those wings! Did you do any special prep steps (like drying them in advance)? I'm still trying to get to the point that I can nail wings consistently, and yours look EXACTLY like what I'm aiming for.

Hey Mark; thank you. I do let the wings come up to room temp and blot them with paper towels before dusting. Nothing else really special - cook 'em indirect for about an hour plus at 325 and then flash them direct for more color.

That is a good looking meal. What size skillet did you use for the cake?

Hi Curt; that one was in a 9" cast iron skillet. Thank you.

Great looking wings. Never seem a cake like that before, fascinating stuff. No pineapple may have been hurt, but that cake would not have survived around me for very long

Wow Pete that meal is classic! Those winds look perfect. Did you do the cake on the grill? How about a recipe for that?

Regards,

John

Back