Free 4 Me! Back in Black Performer.

Yes I only consider it because I got the grill for free and I am keeping it.
Besides the Kettle on my Weber Performer Deluxe that metal table is my favorite part and really comes in handy when placing my Weber Smoky Joe on-it for a quick grilling session.

Does putting Smokey Joe's on your Performer table scratch them up. Is that where you are Saying Joe the rust comes from?

The black screws that came with my metal table began to rust on mine as well. I quickly replaced them with the original SS screws that came with the plastic table.

Does anyone know the size and dimension of the screws that hold down the table? I would like to purchase some in stainless steel ones. Mine are already showing wear.

It looks just like one of mine that is black a 2014 model. I paid 120.00 for it , got the new style bale like 25.00 and Weber sent me a new metal table under warranty then about two hours of cleaning and just like new. I also bought a SNS for it.so now I have just under 200.00 in it but it is just as good as a new one for 300.00 less. I will need a new cover in a year or two. But that is wear and tear item. I feel I got a deal. And can spend that 300.00 saved on charcoal.View attachment 44326
What manufacturer makes the wire charcoal baskets on the bottom rack?

Does putting Smokey Joe's on your Performer table scratch them up. Is that where you are Saying Joe the rust comes from?
I place my WSJ on a large metal sheet-pan which which sits directly on my WPD Metal Table to avoid any possibility of scratches.

My model is the Gen 2 & according to my manual:

1/4 x 20 1 1/4" pan head bolt
I was going by memory so , but as I said you have 4 black screws you verify size and length using one of those. Remember stainless screws are soft so use a manual screw driver during install, phillips is easy to strip or damage.

Took my shop vac and sucked out the cobwebs and ash out of the Venturi and fixed the Gas Assist.

20220531_205405.jpg

Last edited:
Your thermometer looks like the one on my Summit. Do you have a part number? Does smoke leak from under it?
I got Thermometer it is part no. Weber 65828.
The Bezel I ordered from Weber part no. Weber 65827
This Thermometer with Bezel came stock on the

Weber 18301001 (2016) Summit Charcoal Grill​

I do not know if it leaks at all because I have not grilled on this kettle yet. It does not seat exactly flush on this kettle. As you can see from the side view of this pic If it does leak for you, you might want to put a washer on the inside to get a better seal.

20220415_101307.jpg

Back