Free 4 Me! Back in Black Performer.

Awesome. Looks very intact. A modest amount of elbow grease - and maybe a cool wood handle if you want to go that far - and it will look extremely nice. Since you got if for free, maybe you can also aspire to a stainless cooking grate.

Yes Jon,
It appears to only need some cleaning. It has minimal rust. Even the inside needs a mild clean. Probably the one thing that will need sanding and painting is the bottom wire rack at first look. I plan on painting the wire rack black and dying the handles and control panel black at first go.

I also broke one of the 8 inch hubcaps loading the grill into my van so it will need new 8 inch wheels. This is the 2nd performer I have picked up that I have had this happen too. I do not know what I am doing wrong or if these caps just get brittle in time and then crack when transporting them.

65144.png

Last edited:
I am not sure if I want to replace the table on this one right now but maybe in the future. They are available on Weber's Website though.

65189.png

Last edited:
I am not sure if I want to replace the table on this one right now but maybe in the future. They are available on Weber's Website though.

Dang that’s not cheap, but I do love the metal table.

Yes I only consider it because I got the grill for free and I am keeping it.
I have the metal table and its nice but no way would I spend that kind of money for it. Build one out of wood threads around here that a guy from WKC built if you have the tools it came out beautiful and he would have no where near 130 bucks and change into it.

Nice point Brian, but by the time I invest in the tools to tackle that kind of job. I would be well over my budget. Plus I am not sure I have the skill to approach that.

Congrats. I love my performer..had it for 13 years. Aside from going through several grates, the only part I've had to replace was the lid..Handle rusted through even though I keep it covered..

Nice score Samuel. I had two Performers, and sold one. I had already swapped out the metal table to the one that I was keeping, and I prefer it greatly to the plastic one that was on it previously. I would buy the replacement one from Weber without a second thought, just my opinion. I like the fact that my magnet-backed thermometers and lights stick to it. Mine is set up with a Slow N Sear and a stainless grate, and I use it quite often. Not as often as before the SmokeFire came to live with us, but it has gotten a lot of miles on it through the years. Congrats on a great grill!

Charlie

View attachment 43046
First off what model year is grill.
2 the table has a 15 year warranty. Weber has replaced 2 of mine. It may go over easier if you were to purchase the new style lid bale that ser the up at straight 90 degrees. And both of my performers were bought 2nd hand.

Back