Free 4 Me! Back in Black Performer.

Anybody iin the San Diego area..I have a black Weber 22" with thermometer..I cut the legs short.FREE!!!

I am going to put those lids I pulled, back on there perspective grills. I am going to restore both of those also. I think I am going to sell the Original Kettle and recoup some of the money I spent on the new Lid. I also ordered a temp gauge and bezel for that does not come with the lid. Seller stated it should have the handle if not I will have one for I had already ordered an extra one of those. Stormy Winter weather has put a hold on all for now.
I bought some Rit Dye More Synthetic Graphite dye for the lid of the control panel.
350Wx350H-1145978-1118.jpg

Last edited:
Nice score Samuel. I had two Performers, and sold one. I had already swapped out the metal table to the one that I was keeping, and I prefer it greatly to the plastic one that was on it previously. I would buy the replacement one from Weber without a second thought, just my opinion. I like the fact that my magnet-backed thermometers and lights stick to it. Mine is set up with a Slow N Sear and a stainless grate, and I use it quite often. Not as often as before the SmokeFire came to live with us, but it has gotten a lot of miles on it through the years. Congrats on a great grill!

Charlie
Do you have a pic Charlie?

Do you have a pic Charlie?
Since it's 20 degrees and windy outside right now, I'd have to say no, I don't. :)

I'll be happy to take some later this week though, do you want pics of the Slow and Sear and grate, or the table?

Since it's 20 degrees and windy outside right now, I'd have to say no, I don't. :)I'll be happy to take some later this week though, do you want pics of the Slow and Sear and grate, or the table? OR
Of the Performer.

Sweet Kevin,
Do you find yourself grilling more on one Performer over the other. How is going that you have 2?

Sweet Kevin,
Do you find yourself grilling more on one Performer over the other. How is going that you have 2?
I do about a 50/50 I guess lately I have been keeping the SNS in the black. I got a great deal on the black but have always loved the burgundy, and the blue ones and when the Slate Blue came up on CL I jumped on it it is a 2018 just before the new P vents, I also have a platinum, 18.5 WSM , JJ for camping, and a 2004 Silver C.
I find time to use each as I love to cook and experiment.
But I love what a performer can do. So versatile.

Kevin,
I have always cooked on my Silver A gasser and have just recently began to acquire charcoal grills I am still attempting to build my collection and I still need to put down some pavers to be safe in cooking on my charcoal grills. I want to make sure I am not susceptible to a grass fire. I would like a patio but I can not afford that right now so pavers is what it will have to be. I also have an issue with dried leaves in my yard so that concerns me.

Sam.
I use to live in Alexandria KY. And dry grass and leaves were a issue for sure but not that bad. I had a composite deck that did not like hot coals. So for long cooks I set up patio blocks on a sand base to keep level. Charcoal is not as big of a fire hazard as some think. Critical times are when you empty a lite chimney, a stray coal can get away , may hurt your foot or deck more than anything . I like to keep a hose or other water source near by. I have never in 30 years of cooking had a fire, and I have cooked in hot and dry, and very windy conditions. Your pavers should do you well. I love having cooking options.

Sam,
That looks excellant, good choice to replace that lid with new. Money well spent.
Now let us see something cooked on it.
That lid is not the replacement. The one I ordered is coming with the Taco Shell handle. That lid is off the Original Kettle I have. I will put that one back once I receive the new lid, but I will post pics of that when I get it. Although that lid does look pretty good on it.
Thanks though.

Last edited:
That lid it not the replacement. The one I ordered is coming with the Taco Shell handle. That lid is off the Original Kettle I have. I will put that one back once I receive the new lid, but I will post pics of that when I get it. Although that lid does look pretty good on it.
Thanks though.
Even though it looks very good from the camera angles can't even see the damaged part.
It is cleaning g up very nice, still needs a cook to make it feel at home...

I love the performer, I do not have a rotisserie but if I did I would have set up always for that. I also have a Silver C and could do one one that also. I am thinking of down sizing a couple grills, but I would at this time keep the two performers. For parties and such. I am hooked on the smell of charcoal.
Sam you will love cooking and learning on this grill.
Pork chops,and lamb chops taste so great on charcoal tipi under cook by say 10 degrees so the extras can be reheated with out drying out.

Back