Free 4 Me! Back in Black Performer.

First off what model year is grill.
2 the table has a 15 year warranty. Weber has replaced 2 of mine. It may go over easier if you were to purchase the new style lid bale that ser the up at straight 90 degrees. And both of my performers were bought 2nd hand.
Yep, forgot that I had replaced the bail with the newer model. Good call Kevin.

Thanks everyone for all of the replies and recommendations. I have yet to look up serial number to get the model and year.

Thanks everyone for all of the replies and recommendations. I have yet to look up serial number to get the model and year.
It looks just like one of mine that is black a 2014 model. I paid 120.00 for it , got the new style bale like 25.00 and Weber sent me a new metal table under warranty then about two hours of cleaning and just like new. I also bought a SNS for it.so now I have just under 200.00 in it but it is just as good as a new one for 300.00 less. I will need a new cover in a year or two. But that is wear and tear item. I feel I got a deal. And can spend that 300.00 saved on charcoal.20210813_161004.jpg

My performer is a 2010 Touch n Go Gas Assist Performer. Date Code AD.
I finally took it out of my van and found that it had a massive dent below the Lid handle. I have this Original Kettle Lid I could use on it but it does not have a temp gauge. What yall think yes or no? Where would be the best place to mount one if decide to add it?
20220130_092848.jpg20220130_092923.jpg
Free Black Weber Performer pic 5.jpg

Last edited:
Samuel, swap the damper and lid handles and mount the thermometer the same place as the original and nobody will know the difference. On the other hand, it is an opportunity to place the thermometer somewhere else. I don’t have a performer but make sure it doesn’t interfere with the lid holder if that is possible.

I swapped the handle. Not sure if I want to replace the damper although the date codes are different. I attempted to remove the black damper handle to swap that too but it will not come off. Are those meant to come off?

I swapped the handle. Not sure if I want to replace the damper although the date codes are different. I attempted to remove the black damper handle to swap that too but it will not come off. Are those meant to come off?
Haha they do come off, grab some channel locks and give it a tug. They lock into those 2 nubs in the damper.

If you have a rotary tool grind the rivet head if it is a rivet if a screw soak it for a day then remove.
Same other damper. Use the dented one for practice. You can also drill the rivet head off.

They will come off.
I swapped the handle. Not sure if I want to replace the damper although the date codes are different. I attempted to remove the black damper handle to swap that too but it will not come off. Are those meant to come off
The next time you use it when it is hot, grip it with channel locks or pliers and wiggle it off. Or you can just buy another one and install it on the new lid. I have done that on ones that came with no handle. If the damper moves fine I would not swap it in case the other one got bent when the lid did.

I found that all I am doing from pulling it with channel locks is bending it. I did look and it does have 2 rivets keeping it from coming off If I want to take this one off, I think it is going to take a drill.
I found where you can buy a new damper with the black handle, but is the black handle sold separately? If so, does anyone have a link and part number.

I bought two a few years ago direct from
Weber but not sure if they still sell them. I looked at an order form I have and I think it is 65829. This would be the route I would go.

Samuel, get it soft with either a heat gun, hair dryer, or something else and then just work it off. Patience, grasshopper, and it will come off.

I paid just under $6 and I thought that was bad. You can get the whole damper with the handle here in Canada from GrillSpot for $12.99 Cdn. I also see GrillSpot has the handle only for $12.99 but it is a special order item.

Had a dent just like that in my old Performer when the wind got a hold of it. Took a rubber mallet lightly on the inside, and it popped it out almost as good as new.

Had a dent just like that in my old Performer when the wind got a hold of it. Took a rubber mallet lightly on the inside, and it popped it out almost as good as new.

Samuel, that's something certainly worth a try maybe? You don't have much to loose.

EDIT: I bought my Performer new in 2014, and I love it. One of the best purchases I ever made. Once you get the lid and such sorted out, that thing will work it's tail off for you.

Back