Focaccia

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
During my 'time off' over the summer, I started a sourdough culture. It had been sitting in the fridge for about 6 weeks and I thought I'd lost it, but fed it the other day, and it came right back. I've been feeding it daily this week and decided to attempt a Focaccia with the discard today. Turned out pretty good, although had some sticking to the pan. I think I'll try parchment next time. This one was drizzled with EVOO and given some rosemary and coarse sea salt before baking.

1605145216471.png

1605145250774.png

1605145284123.png

Looks delicious, Jim! Typically, sourdough cultures seem to be really resilient, even when ignored for long periods of time. The only way I've managed to kill mine off is by forgetting to hold some back after a refresh and putting it all in my dough (.....and then not realizing it until it was in the oven.) :) Fortunately, the last time I did that, Cliff was kind enough to send me some of his that the had dehydrated, so my current culture is an offshoot of his.

I need to make some focaccia. Tonight would have been perfect as we're having some homemade pasta for dinner.

R

Very nice Jim, looks terrific. I want to start some sourdough starter again but I'll have to wait until summer. I believe Barb is a descendent of Nanook of the North, she likes the temperature in the house a little above freezing. So it's a no go for getting a starter going no place to keep it warm enough.
There are a couple of recipes I can make out of the Ken Forkish book though. Give me something to do.

Back