Flipping has hopefully begun!

Ahhhh, Jon, I wouldn't feel bad even if he lets it go for $450. Being in the bean counter business, you know that any business transaction is a risk. He will learn from this one and be the wiser for it. We have all went down that "Rabbit Hole", have we not, and begun to learn not to.

What new project? I thought you already restored it. :D You sold it for $500. Buy it back for $400. $100 bucks earned without doing anything. Now just sell it again.

Yeah, that's true, but even so ANY grill coming into our yard will not be welcomed by my out of patience wife:eek:!

I have to admit that there would be some poetic justice in it all. You know when I listed that grill at $500 I was immediately hit with offers, one for MORE than the asking price (after I had already agreed to sell to the re-flipper). My hunch is that any of those who were interested figured out quickly what was going on and moved on.

TECs are really well made (USA - Columbia, SC) 304 stainless grills. The infrared IS pretty impressive, but not enough for me to consider it revolutionary as some do. My family was divided on whether it performed better or worse than my Genesis Silver C with GrillGrates. I didn't really see any big edge other than maybe a faster heat-up time.

I guess I am over-curious. It was fun to try out (and make some good $ on:eek:), but my curiosity is satisfied on these grills. I plan to focus on Webers, although if another Broilmaster came along at a steal of a deal, I would at least consider doing one more restore. They clean up pretty well and have some virtues all of their own.

I just saw one of my flipped grills back on Craig's list. A really nice silver b I sold it for $150 and he's asking $100, he's only had it a couple of months and the pictures look like he never ever used it.
But like Jon said my lady is getting tired of grills being everywhere and I would have to sit on it until spring.

Yah, I just picked up a free Silver C last night and the wifey gave me grief about it but hey, free is free. I plan to rehab and give it to a friend for his housewarming gift.

Back