Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Fish: Tilapia seasoned with Penzey's Northwoods

IMG_7881.JPG

IMG_7882.JPG

IMG_7883.JPG

served over fresh cheap rye with gus

IMG_7886.JPG

Hen: Brined overnight then seasoned with more of Penzey's Spices, salt-free 33rd & Galena

IMG_7889.JPG

IMG_7891.JPG

IMG_7892.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7903.JPG

served with sautéed baby carrots & steamed broccoli with fingerling taters...
(a little dipping heat for the veggies)

IMG_7909.JPG

Thanks for stoppin' by!

Nice Jim...those hens stole the show buddy!! I'd go for a couple plates of that!! Nice grilling!!

A couple of awesome cooks there, Jim! Love those hanging hens! Very creative set-up.
Never had tilapia but I bought some filets a couple of weeks ago and haven't cooked 'em yet. Gonna have to get to it. (I have a grill pan than looks just like yours - a Weber one. Probably same one.)

A couple of fine looking cooks, especially that chicken!!! I don't eat Talapia but its looks really good as well.

Great looking cook Jim. I love the hanging bird concept. Please provide some info on the setup you used for that. It looks like some sort of rack installed in an OTG with a different lid? Nice 'ring of fire' technique. What are the hangers? How do they work? Please advise...

Regards,

John

Nice looking cooks. The fish looks great. How was the northwoods seasoning on it? Chickens look great too. Did they pick up enough smoke flavor? How long did you run the chickens for? Nice idea with the WSM lid.

Very impressive, Jim. The chickens look really good. I'm not a big fan of tilapia, but I picked up the large weber grill pan like yours just yesterday and might ought to try some.

Last edited:
thanks folks:eek:

Great looking cook Jim. I love the hanging bird concept. Please provide some info on the setup you used for that. It looks like some sort of rack installed in an OTG with a different lid? Nice 'ring of fire' technique. What are the hangers? How do they work?
Thanks John... you can read more about the hanging rack here→ http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?40329-Smoke-Rack-Ribs
I used the lid from my 22" WSM and the hanger hooks I made at work using stainless steel... seems to work well. The lid from the kettle will not work using this hanging system on the OTG or silver....

The fish looks great. How was the northwoods seasoning on it? Chickens look great too. Did they pick up enough smoke flavor? How long did you run the chickens for? Nice idea with the WSM lid.
Thank you Mueller:) Northwoods is FANTASTIC on fish OR chicken and Yes, the hens did have a hint of sweet cherry wood smoke to them... they were temped with a Thermopen at 172ºF then removed after one too many cocktails and about 55 minutes of conversation ;)

Back