First try Kettlepizza

David WY

TVWBB Fan
Well it finally is warming up some in Ontario, snow is melting fast :) I thought I would break out the latest toy, my kettlepizza and try it out. First pizza they say keep it simple ( not sure what that means ) I used a hot and spicy sauce, layer of mozzarella cheese, chopped up left over tenderloin, hot calabrese salami, chunks of garlic roasted curds and topped with Italian seasoning and rosemary. It tasted great when it was done ! Time consuming but fun.

My thought too Gene, my only concern was if I went simple and it all worked out then I'm stuck with a good but simple pizza :)

Great looking pie for a first go at it! I've got a brand new 18.5 silver kettle which I got free from my son, his company gives these away as a promotional item. I bought a 18.5 gold ash catcher for it and a brand new pizza kettle sitting in the garage. Barb won't let me use it as the pizza kettle is a BD gift and my birthday isn't until mid April. It's driving me nuts seeing folks making pies on these things and I can't. UGH!
S1031446_zpsrhifkxre.jpg

Oh Rich, all I can say is it will be worth the wait ! I would also like to say....Barb come on it's almost April :) Funny she lets you take pics of it :)

Killer looking pizza, nothing simple about that one!!!

Rich send Barb out with her girlfriends, a shopping spree, the movies, something and break that sucker out, she can't stay mad forever, plus your Birthday is coming up, she has got to forgive on your Birtdhday!!! :p

Really nice lookin' pizza David.

Rich: I admire your strength - I think you are doin' the right thing... and I don't want Barb mad at me, too ;)

Rich send Barb out with her girlfriends, a shopping spree, the movies, something and break that sucker out, she can't stay mad forever, plus your Birthday is coming up, she has got to forgive on your Birtdhday!!! :p

Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission ---- what if we sing happy birthday to you right now?

Doesn't barb get on this forum lol ?

It's a fun challenge to use the Pizza Kettle- one of the harder things to produce consistent results with from one time to the next in the Weber grill arena, IMO. But it's a crowd pleaser- cook a couple good pies for a few people, and they will be asking you to do it again!!

Back