First time use. 22.5. Couldn't wait any longer.

Mikey MN

Well it all started at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon.

The mail came with the rest of the install hardware from Weber. I finished putting it together.

We drove to store to get a fresh pork butt package.

We raced home, set up a shelter. It was going to be a cold night around 3 degrees. I still wasn't stopping.

I grabbed the new chimney and a bag of King and got it fired up.

Played with heat stabilizing it, burnt my finger adjusting. Got the gloves on then. Had to take a look at the 3 hour mark.

About 11:30 wrapped in foil and added apple juice. Set alarm for 2:30 and slept right thru it. Woke a little before 6:00 am this morning to this.

And then an hour later we had this.

Everyone in the house is awake now from the smell. A great success that all are enjoying bright and early this morning. Including the cat.

A big thanks for all the good reading and tips in here.

Now deciding what's going on it next. :)

Nice job and great looking pork. I can't say that I would've gotten up and gone outside in 3 degree temperatures even if I didn't sleep through the alarm. Then again I live in NC and maybe it's a matter of perspective.

Nice work.

Mike,

Excellent way to break-in the WSM. Pulled Pork looks Great !!!
Congratulations on a Very Successful first cook. :wsm:

Bob

That's what I'm talkin about: a Miller Lite at 6 AM! (Nice Pulled Pork) ...and to think I complain about the 20's and 30's. LOL

Geez what we would give for 20's to 30's right now up here. :)

Thanks guys. It was a great time out there last night watching the reactions of people driving or walking by. I guess I was the only one interested in standing outside from time to time enjoying a few cold Lites. I actually had to leave them in the fridge in the house as they were freezing sitting on my tailgate. lol

It was a great feasting today. Everyone happy with it all day during the games.

Back