First time snake cook and beef ribs.

SE Davis

TVWBB Pro
I decided to try beef ribs on the performer for lunch. So with all of your Tvwbb help........
Beef ribs in some Worcestershire with S&P. Snake lit using cherry for smoke. I added boiling water to the pan.

xv2q.jpg

itqas.jpg

nigzb.jpg

Top and bottom vents were closed about 1/4. Lid temp held 277.

zcxd.jpg

Tooth pick tender at just under 4 hours.

qnha.jpg

Plated with green salad and potato salad.

inxv.jpg

And a plate for you.

x2lax.jpg

Thanks for looking, Scott

Hey Scott. Looks very good!
looks from here you separated each rib before the cook ....
Is that right, or did the ribs get chopped between the bones that way from the BUTCHER?

Hey Scott. Looks very good!
looks from here you separated each rib before the cook ....
Is that right, or did the ribs get chopped between the bones that way from the BUTCHER?
Jim they were partially cut at the butcher. Not sure if that is a standard at this shop or not as it's the first time I have done them.
Scott

Like it, like very much! Never used my performer for smoking L&S before, but have seen quite a few posts here on that exact thing. Guess I'll have to give it a try.

Beef ribs look fantastic! Thank you for the post! I was planning on doing that next weekend just indirect but I'm going to try the snake. Thanks!

Like it, like very much! Never used my performer for smoking L&S before, but have seen quite a few posts here on that exact thing. Guess I'll have to give it a try.
My thoughts exactly Rich. It worked out well.

Nice beef ribs. I like small batch smoking on my kettle. It's fun.
While I wouldn't give up my WSM John. The kettle is more versatile for the times I'm cooking just for Colleen and myself.
Scott

Nice looking ribs. I find the snake method is the easiest no-brainer for ribs in the kettle.

Back