First time Jerky

Kurt

TVWBB Pro
Tried my hand at beef jerky for the first time.cleaned out the freezer of some smaller sirloin and round steaks , trimmed up and into thin slices . marinated in soy, worchestshire, onion pwd , garlic pwd, paprika , cayenne, salt and black pepper for about 36 hours .

Smoked with snake method ( first time using this as well) with Apple wood . 6.5 hours at about 150-175

Turned out really good
It was actually GAD!

Thanks for lookin N'at
Let's go pens !

Looking very good!

That's what I need to do with a venison roast in the freezer.

Did you just lay the strips on the cooking grate or hang them off the grate's rungs?

I actually laid as much flat as I could and then use 3 skewers to thread the rest . I flipped the flat pieces about half way thru. I actually pulled off earlier than I thought I would based on the "research" I did from all the cooks I read about on this site ...

Thanks for all the positive feedback... A few cold ones and handful of jerky was dinner for me tonight after spending 4 hours at the hockey rink with both my boys

Kurt, that is some awesome looking jerky you did. Won't mind having some of that myself. Maybe that's one Rich and I will have to try doing some time.

Looks like Barbs lining up another adventure for me. Have to start watching the dog food section for some meat to experiment with. Just hope it comes out as good as yours did.

That is a good looking batch of jerky. I made some about three weeks ago but cheated and smoked it on an electric smoker. It turned out on the dry side. Yours looks perfect!

Back