First pulled pork.

Mildo

TVWBB Guru
I am not the owner of the WSM
icon_frown.gif
, so I tried to cook pulled pork on the Kettle W OTS last week. I had a 7 lb boneless shoulder. It was in brine - 3 / 4 cup molasses 1 / 2 cup kosher salt, 2 liters of cold water (recipe from Alton Brown) 12 hours. Then dry rub - 6 hours in foil.

At 8.30 AM on the start.

P7100418.JPG

I used fire brick, 10 lit briquettes on one side, cherry wood, water. Temperatures between 220-280 ° F on the grate.

After 6 hours...

P7100430.JPG

After 9 hours...

P7100431.JPG

After 11 hours inside temp 200°F

P7100434.JPG

P7100435.JPG

All guests were satisfied, I'll soon have to cook again.

Thank you America for this food.
Excellent recipe!!!

P7100437.JPG

P7100439.JPG

P7100440.JPG

P7100441.JPG

P7100442.JPG

P7100443.JPG

Great looking results! And the child's face in photo #2 - priceless! "Hurry UUUPP!!!!!"
Especially like the PP taco idea!

Fantastic looking pulled pork, Mildo! Your son's expression says it all
icon_smile.gif
The pictures are great, too. Thanks for sharing.

Another great-looking cook, Mildo! Great-looking kid, too. I'll have to make sure to get some shots of my little sous chefs next cook.

BTW, what is that holding the temp probe? A cork wedged into the grate? Nice.[/QUOTE]

Yes Travis, it's a cork from red wine. (But I think that may be white wine too
icon_biggrin.gif
.)

THX all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mildo:
BTW, what is that holding the temp probe? A cork wedged into the grate? Nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Travis, it's a cork from red wine. (But I think that may be white wine too
icon_biggrin.gif
.)

THX all.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the ignite temp is for cork? I hate my Maveric probe holder. It directs the prob the wrong way, in my opinion. But cork, now that looks like a good idea. And if you soak it in the wine first it may give off a great aroma.
icon_cool.gif

Great looking pork Mildo. I like the wrap idea. I think I will try that.

In the first kid shot....the kid looks a bit worried. I'm not sure he is convinced you can pull this off.
icon_biggrin.gif

In the second kid shot...The kid looks excited and hungry.
icon_biggrin.gif

BTW you take nice photo's and your camera has nice color.

Good job

Back