First pizzas on the pizza stone...

Alexis Solod

Hi there,

Tonight the children asked me for some pizzas...
So I tried my first pizzas on the pizza stone...

IMG_9691_zpsn0udnc2b.jpg

IMG_9693_zpszaeurjsj.jpg

Special ingredients for my son's favorite, the CHEEZZA... Cheeseburger style pizza...
IMG_9695_zpshvekrmbm.jpg

The Cheezza on the right side...

IMG_9699_zpsbemuin6f.jpg

Nearly ready...
IMG_9705_zpsiuzlmrfv.jpg

I wanted to have the taste of smoke on those pizzas, so this time I placed the smoker box on the flavorizers...

IMG_9692_zpsy83elzbf.jpg

I also putted a mix of dry and wet chips on the box... It was perfectly smoked...

IMG_9707_zpss4ulcn7q.jpg

I didn't put the metal plate on the pizza stone, but directly the pizzas on the stone with flour...
The result was perfect. Not too dry, just burnt as we like them...

IMG_9704_zpswbdedbmj.jpg

IMG_9709_zpsa6cxleyc.jpg

IMG_9711_zpsoy3lxjbs.jpg

That was easy to cook pizzas on the Weber... Everybody here enjoyed the taste of homemade smoked pizzas...
It took 10 minutes by pizza to be ready.

Tomorrow I'll try chickens on my new rotisserie... I'll show you the result...
Thanks again for your advises on my previous posts...

BTW, what I love on my pizza is marinated bell pepper. I prefer green, but any color would work.

I char the peppers (literally put them right on a gas burner and turn them until the skin is black and blistered all over). Then I put them in a paper or plastic bag, close it up and wait 10-15 minutes until they're cool enough to handle.

At that point, I peel them (don't worry about a little skin remaining, or a few bits of charred skin floating around, it adds to the flavor!)

Seed the peppers, cut into 1/2" strips and dump all the strips into a bowl.

Then I add *a lot* of minced garlic. For 2-3 peppers, I'll use a whole head of garlic. Then pour in enough extra-virgin olive oil to cover, put a lid on the container, and let it sit for at least 24 hours, the longer the better.

The peppers and garlic go right on a pizza, and you can add them to salads or whatever else you like. The oil is great for lots of things too!

Great looking pizza Alexis. And I love your salt and pepper grinders I the first pic, I have the same ones out at my grill.

Pizza everyday for me I wish, I love pizza!! That one has a real eye test success!! Nice crust.

Delicious !!! Wrap and send to Texas, we lack good pizzas here!!

BTW, what I love on my pizza is marinated bell pepper. I prefer green, but any color would work.

I char the peppers (literally put them right on a gas burner and turn them until the skin is black and blistered all over). Then I put them in a paper or plastic bag, close it up and wait 10-15 minutes until they're cool enough to handle.

At that point, I peel them (don't worry about a little skin remaining, or a few bits of charred skin floating around, it adds to the flavor!)

Seed the peppers, cut into 1/2" strips and dump all the strips into a bowl.

Then I add *a lot* of minced garlic. For 2-3 peppers, I'll use a whole head of garlic. Then pour in enough extra-virgin olive oil to cover, put a lid on the container, and let it sit for at least 24 hours, the longer the better.

The peppers and garlic go right on a pizza, and you can add them to salads or whatever else you like. The oil is great for lots of things too!

Great tip David, I'll try it !

Mise en place + great crust + great ingredients + great drink + best grill every = some of the best pies I've seen on this site in years!

Back