First cook where I’m not dodging rain in 2023

Glad you and your family are safe, you’ve had some horrific weather out there. I cooked the same a couple nights ago and used your marinade again!

View attachment 65279
View attachment 65280
View attachment 65281
View attachment 65282
You’re throwing down the good stuff. Looks perfect and I’m sure everyone enjoyed it.

No leftovers as everyone downed this tonight. We’ve all missed the taste from the WSK. There’s just something about jealous Devil grilled MX chicken.

Seared then to indirect. Breasts to 160° and the thighs went to 175°. Rested for 5 mins before slicing and serving.

Everyone dug in too quickly to grab pics.

Three tequila shots in and I’m okay. Spring can’t come soon enough.

Last edited:
Great cook, we were going to fire up the Jumbo Joe and do some KFC but I walked outside and said Hell No! 31 degrees and sideways snow! The wind was really blowing. Dragged some LO chili out of the freezer for dinner. A little Jim Beam and all was well again.

Great cook, we were going to fire up the Jumbo Joe and do some KFC but I walked outside and said Hell No! 31 degrees and sideways snow! The wind was really blowing. Dragged some LO chili out of the freezer for dinner. A little Jim Beam and all was well again.
45F was below my threshold, which is 50F. i took one for the team though and toughed this cook out. it was 41F when i covered the grill after cooldown. that was cold, for sure.

and THANK YOU! we couldn't remember the last time we had grilled MX chicken as it's been too long ago. winter here kinda s**^s.

When My good buddy Don Julio pops in for a visit, we usually have a really good time, he just doesn't come by enough these days.
If anyone hits the floor, it's usually me, not so much himself.......

Back