First cook on the Ranch

That’s a monster sized grill, food looks great also!

With such a large cooking surface area, what step do you take pre-cook to minimize cleaning time post-cook?

That’s a monster sized grill, food looks great also!

With such a large cooking surface area, what step do you take pre-cook to minimize cleaning time post-cook?
In short, nothing. I use foil pans for convenience in wrapping, other than that I let ‘er roll. My cleaning regiment consists of pulling food and shutting her down and firing up next go around. I rarely clean my grills other than scraping grates before food goes back on.

And thanks. The food was delish!

One of the best briskets I ever cooked was on my Ranch kettle. I eventually sold it and an old wood handled wsm and bought my Memphis Pro pellet grill. The ranch was very fuel efficient but took up too much real estate and I just didn’t use it as much as my wsm on wheels and performer.

That was actually how I intended to cook them, but on a time crunch I figured they would cook quicker if shucked. I had intended on opening them up, adding a pad of butter and covering again.

Almost all had a worm or two on the silk end. BBQ worms may have been not good🤣
A farmer told me the worm is proof the corn will be sweet!

I see you have the Billows fan.

How did it go, do you like that setup?
I do have Billows. I didn’t use it on this cook it’s generally only, well has only ever been used, with the Summit charcoal. It’s the only one that has a port. And I do love it, very nice.

Those kettles are huge, I have been to the Weber grill in Indiapolis and they cook everything in them, it is amazing how much food can cooked at one time, a real party tool.
Your food looks great , wish I could be there.

Back