First cook on the Ranch

The other 14 are still downstairs 🤣 They didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped, but everything else was really good.

The Ranch….I see why folks love them. I remember back around 2018 seeing it online, looking at the price, and thinking “who would ever be silly enough to spend that much on a grill??” And here I am….it was a treat to cook on. Really easy to dial in, I only tweaked the upper vent a couple times throughout the night, and had tapped the bottom vents a couple times. She never had any temp swings which, on occasion I have occur on the smaller kettles.

She’s a keeper!

The other 14 are still downstairs 🤣 They didn’t turn out as well as I had hoped, but everything else was really good.

The Ranch….I see why folks love them. I remember back around 2018 seeing it online, looking at the price, and thinking “who would ever be silly enough to spend that much on a grill??” And here I am….it was a treat to cook on. Really easy to dial in, I only tweaked the upper vent a couple times throughout the night, and had tapped the bottom vents a couple times. She never had any temp swings which, on occasion I have occur on the smaller kettles.

She’s a keeper!
Cook the corn un-shucked, just trim the end silk and dead leaves and they will be great. I do it all the time.

Cook the corn un-shucked, just trim the end silk and dead leaves and they will be great. I do it all the time.
That was actually how I intended to cook them, but on a time crunch I figured they would cook quicker if shucked. I had intended on opening them up, adding a pad of butter and covering again.

Almost all had a worm or two on the silk end. BBQ worms may have been not good🤣

That was actually how I intended to cook them, but on a time crunch I figured they would cook quicker if shucked. I had intended on opening them up, adding a pad of butter and covering again.

Almost all had a worm or two on the silk end. BBQ worms may have been not good🤣
Extra protein! I think they cook about the same time as the moisture trapped steams the corn. I find it is also very forgiving of temp and time as I have done it in as little as 15 and as much as 40 and it still comes out good.

I alway cook them un-shucked too and then play hot potato with them at shucking time.
The one thing I also do and it might be unnecessary but I usually do anyways is to soak the corn a few hour before I put them on.

I usually fill an enamel coffee pot with water and drop a stick of butter in to melt. Then, shuck the husk back to use as a handle and dunk the ear in the melted butter and enjoy! No funky, messy, partial sticks of butter. Let the pot cool, peel the butter off and wash the pot as usual.

I usually fill an enamel coffee pot with water and drop a stick of butter in to melt. Then, shuck the husk back to use as a handle and dunk the ear in the melted butter and enjoy! No funky, messy, partial sticks of butter. Let the pot cool, peel the butter off and wash the pot as usual.
sometimes we like butter on corn. for the cleanest and least work methos, we'll shuck the corn, halve the ears, rinse them, place 4 halves in heavy duty aluminum foil and add butter to each foil packet and a dash of salt.

then i place the packets on the grill for 30-40 minutes and then will open the foil packets and sear up each half of ear to develop some char and pick up the smoke flavor.

each ear is now basted and flavored and the grill does its magic. and cleanup is just disposing of the foil.

sometimes we like butter on corn. for the cleanest and least work methos, we'll shuck the corn, halve the ears, rinse them, place 4 halves in heavy duty aluminum foil and add butter to each foil packet and a dash of salt.

then i place the packets on the grill for 30-40 minutes and then will open the foil packets and sear up each half of ear to develop some char and pick up the smoke flavor.

each ear is now basted and flavored and the grill does its magic. and cleanup is just disposing of the foil.
I’ve done that too, not in a long time though.

Thank ya. I only used, maybe a full large chimney for initial meat. Then added some unlit fuel to either side and split a chimney between the two sides for the mac/chicken/corn

The Ranch is definitely not as hungry as I had expected

Back