Finally bought a 22 1/2 wsm new to the whole smoking process

Jimbo C

Hello everyone have been reading your forum topics for a while now and learning quite a bit. Finally made the big purchase of the 22 1/2 wsm and should have it Wednesday night looking forward to testing it Thursday with my first smoke. I look forward to talking with everyone, and learning from everybody!

Welcome aboard Jimbo! Ask a lot of questions if you need, and you'll get some great answers from the most helpful people you'll ever meet!

First cook is going right now I am cooking a 12 lb brisket. Trying Myron Mixons injection and rub we will see how it turns out. Having some temp control issues but figuring out the ique 110 and vents will hopefully settle it out. Thanks everyone for the nice welcoming look forward to learning from everyone!

Well all in all after my first smoke which was a 12 lb brisket, which came out really well except for the rub way to much pepper, but hey if thats the worst of it i can't complain right?!? I really struggled with temp control but mostly of my own doing between too much fuel and messing with the ique110 way to much. I am looking forward to my next cook which will be a few racks of baby backs. and a chicken.

Welcome aboard Jimbo. Glad to see another Chicago suburbanite on the board. I have learned a ton here and so will you.

Back