Fiber Washers used in assembling new WSM 22"

I'm in the process of assembling my new WSM. The parts included with the unit included the necessary screws, nuts and washers in a plastic bag. Unfortunately, the correct number of fiber washers needed weren't included (I'm 3 short). I hesitate to continue assembly without the fiber washers since I'm sure they are to be used for good reason. Can anyone tell me where I can buy the three (3) fabric washers I need? Thanks.

Just use stainless steel washers. The only reason they used fabric is because it's cheaper. When in doubt, always go stainless ;)

any "real" hardware store that carries nuts, bolts, screws and washers will have what you need in various sizes.
I'd stick with the fiber washers and back them (if you like) with chucko's idea...

I would call Weber and they will send you out some washers. There's no way that would keep me from using the WSM in the mean time though. I just would snug down the nut enough to be stable and fix it when the washers come. The fiber washer just keeps the screw head from damaging the outside porcelain. Just go easy and all will be fine. Why waste your time with going to the store - especially since most will not have the fiber washers.

The fiber washers are to protect the paint on certain contact points. I was stressed about putting them where needed, then I did a few mods and just used stainless. After drilling holes in the wsm, I quit worrying and stainless is doing great. One other thought, on my little portable 14.5 that I take camping, all the nuts always loosen up where the fiber washers are. The stainless moded areas don't. On my 22.5, it stays put so nothing ever loosens up.

Not sure, but was told they are used on the center section to keep liquid from leaking out and running down the outside.

Back