FedEx Got a C and SRF got an A+

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Last week I ordered a Picanha from Snake River Farm. I had missed the deadline for last weekend, so my order was scheduled for delivery yesterday. Well, yesterday morning and most of the afternoon came and went. I checked my order confirmation and did a track and it stated my order was delivered right around noon. I immediately called Fed Ex and reported my missing order. I told the woman it was perishable meat. She said it would take up to two hours to investigate it. I then called Snake River Farms. A very nice rep took my information and advised me to see what Fed Ex found and let them know. I was outside doing some work and one of my neighbors kids came walking up the road with my order. They had just got home from work and found it sitting on their porch. It had sat on the porch for around 5 hours. Took it in and inspected it. It was still hard as a rock and frozen although the dry ice was done. Placed in our freezer. By this time it was after 7:00 so I planned to call them in the morning. I was pretty upset with Fed Ex as this was the second incident in the last month. Realizing this might just be a local problem dealing more with our route drivers, I graded my satisfaction with a generous C.

The following morning I got an email from Snake River Farms stating that if I still hadn't received my order they would gladly replace it or give me a complete refund. I let them know what had happened and that it was still frozen. I thanked them for their courtesy and follow up. I did mention that it would be nice to have another shipping option such as UPS for future orders. About half hour later I was notified that they would forward my suggestion to their shipping canter as they ship now exclusively with Fed Ex. Lastly, they mentioned they'd refunded my shipping cost back to my card to compensate for my inconvenience. I was impressed with their customer concern, follow up, and of course my shipping refund. They are a good company for sure. I graded them with an A+.

Good to know there are some companies still standing behind their products. We are home pretty much 24/7 and have had delivery issues including ruined Omaha orders left by FedEx and UPS who couldn't be bothered to ring the doorbell. It got so bad last fall we made up a sign to ring bell for all deliveries placed on our security door with an arrow pointing to the doorbell. Has worked well to date. What prompted this was FedEx leaving an Omaha order worth a couple of hundred bucks out in the sun last summer for more than 6 hrs while we sat inside. It was 110 that day. Order was totally defrosted, but still cool. Omaha made good on it, but FedEx kept dodging the issue.

So i can get a free wagyu brisket just by saying fedex delivered to neighbors house.....?

Just kidding,

Yeah, i rate fedex below ups today. 15 yrs ago....they were best.
But DHL is still the worst. Horrible. I ordered something from Romania, had to ship DHL. it got to 49 miles from my house, went to moscow instead. Then DHL said it was returned to sender. Then they couldnt locate it anymore. Then it shows up at my house next day.

Last edited:
You’re not just whistling Dixie! DHL is the most miserably run bunch of yahoos I have ever had “deliver” an order.
Long story but, I will sum up,
Ordered turducken from N.O.
Shipped by Disoriented Hopeless Louts
Failed to deliver the thing overnight, they went way out of town looking for me (I was in downtown business location where I’d seen the trucks drive by all the time!) I finally called them and they said they could not find me?
Ended up going out to their little cracker box filthy office and it took them twenty minutes to find it at the office!
Bozo’s!

Fed Ex constantly delivers my next door neighbors packages to me, if Jim checks the tracking and it shows delivered he walks over and gets it from my porch. I've had very good luck with UPS they always ring the bell and activate my intruder alarms , Whitney and Abby.
It's funny the two dogs know the sound of the UPS / Fed Ex trucks and will start huffing and grumbling when they here one.

Cliff, glad to see you got your Picanha. I got one Thursday also. And a big set of Fred dino ribs too. I swear they are foot & half wide & long. Wagu to boot. Anyways we waited for FedEx all day long.... Usually FedEx delivers before noonish. Noon comes & goes, nothing. Afternoon comes & goes, nothing. We have supper that evening, still no package. War Dept calls Fed Ex around 7PM. Gets a little run around, something about off loading a truck. I figure maybe a break down. Anyway @ 8:30 that night in the dark Fed Ex arrives. And everything was frozen solid. No harm done. So next day Friday, suppose to get a order from Creekstone Farms. A prime brisket & 3 tri-tips. Same delivery service, little worried because Creekstone comes half thawed or thawed. Well, a rental Penske Truck shows up around noon, delivers the meat. Completely thawed but cold to the touch. Which was alright, got the brisket on early this morning. Threw one tri-tip in the cold part of the fridge for later next week & froze the other two. So sometimes these old delivery trucks break down, they get a lot of miles around here. Cant wait to see you do your Picanha & see how it turns out. I'm sure its going to be GUUD!

Back