Feast for the prodigal!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Family member who has been away for far too long came to visit for a few days.
So, what should I do? I know, we will feast!
This was a spur of the moment, originally it was just going to be three of us but, this salmon was so beautiful, I had the kids come to join us too! So, since I have apparently no concept of how to cook small quantities we had ample amounts for seven!00BCE22E-51C6-4F3B-87C0-8053AB464B5B.jpeg
Corn, risotto, asparagus
And...
5735F832-6903-464D-BABD-EFD0513C201D.jpeg

9DEDC439-69E5-407F-B364-D1755B57796E.jpeg

Tonight we will start with some lamb chops and finish with pork loin and ending with a cake from my favorite bakery!
So, more will follow.

The second round is coming in tonight, roast pork loin, Scotta Ditta, beautiful Epi loaves ( the kind that look like wheat shocks) from a bakery fifty miles away. Grilled squash and zucchini, mashed potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, crostini and baked Brie, dessert of cake from my favorite bakery, and we got more goodies for breakfast tomorrow before he hits the road back to South Carolina!
Pictures to follow.

He had not been back here in probably 10 years, family issues happened and I think he felt like we wouldn’t be receptive to his presence, I can’t tell you how many times someone has said at a family feast that we had wished he was here!
Yes, we did overdo with liquid refreshment, up way too late but, it was a great time!
I’m not cooking the rest of the weekend unless we really have to have something, I’m worn out, nap time!

Terry, we went the fatted lamb, fatted pig and fatted salmon I had considered a big beef roast but, it was better to do what turned out to be easier for do for unexpected numbers which went from what would have been three on Thursday night ending up dinner for seven, I had planned on larger numbers but, I still over produced!

Back