Favorite Pasta Shape.

Which one do you like, why, and what sauce?

• Total voters

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Bucatini
Capellini/ Angel hair
Cavatelli
Conchiglie/ Shells
Farfalle/ Bow ties
Fettuccine
Fusilli/ Corkscrews
Gnocchi
Lasagna
Linguine
Orecchiette
Pappardelle
Penne
Rigatoni
Spaghetti
Vermicelli
Ziti

Other

My answer is Yes! Actually though I tend to use Taglietelli or Futtucine more often than not. Not because I like them more, but because they're easy for me to make homemade.

My favorite is Anger Hair. Why? Because I love it with oil and garlic and SHRIMP!!!!!!
My second favorite is Bow Ties. Why? I love them served with MUSHROOMS!!!!!!
My third favorite is Gnocchi. Why? Because I get to put a lot of BUTTER on them and nothing else.
(sorry, can't work the voting thing)

Good thread there Tim. ;)

So, I'm not sure, but I think the takeaway here is @timothy likes pasta? ;)

If I had to pick one, it would be fettuccine. It's the easiest shape to make with my Atlas pasta "machine", and it is perfect with my two favorite preparations --- Pasta Bolognese, and Fettucine Alfredo (with or without shrimp.)

Can't help you on the voting thing, Joan, but I got what you were after.... :) Oh, and I'm not a huge fan of pasta casserole with a major exception of mac and cheese! Smoked M&C is, of course, even better.....

R

Yea, it was a first for me trying this poll thing and it didn't work ( sorry) :(
I like Bucatini, but it's impossible to find, seems there is a major shortage.
Favorite baked ones are of course Lasagna, penne ( or in Chicago mostaccioli ) and ziti.
I started making my own pasta early 2019, glad I did with what happened later.

Pretty much all of them not so wild about angel hair, sorry Joan. I’ve been using more fettuccine lately, granddaughter likes my shrimp fettuccine so, when she spends the night that’s kind of the “Go to” for her dinner.

I have the hardest time finding plain old, regular, straight-forward spaghetti anymore. So if anything, spaghetti is my favorite & there are too many choices these days!

Pretty much all of them not so wild about angel hair, sorry Joan. I’ve been using more fettuccine lately, granddaughter likes my shrimp fettuccine so, when she spends the night that’s kind of the “Go to” for her dinner.
That's ok with me Tim, more for me. lol Ohhh, tell your granddaughter I think she has excellent taste. 🥰

I have been making my own pasta for a few years so for the most part, I am a bit limited on shapes/sizes. I really prefer the taste/texture of homemade though.

Same here. All I can do is Fettucine or spaghetti. I guess if I wanted to I could make ravioli or stratchi (rags) by simply using the wide roller. I have an Atlas (IIRC) pasta machine (hand powered) that can do capellini and such. But, honestly it becomes a bigger labor I would sooner avoid

We also have a Atlas pasta machine. This thread has DH interested in making ravioli some day soon.
Thanks guys. lol

Big thanks to you Tim for starting this thread. !!!!

We also have a Atlas pasta machine. This thread has DH interested in making ravioli some day soon.
Thanks guys. lol

Big thanks to you Tim for starting this thread. !!!!
I have the Atlas ravioli maker attachment. Its a PIA to use so I got the Norpro ravioli press. I can make a lot of ravioli in a short time....1043_main.jpeg
Lay a sheet of pasta, make pockets with dimpled piece, add filling, another sheet on top ... TADA! ravioli.

Last edited:
I have the Atlas ravioli marker attachment. Its a PIA to use so I got the Norpro ravioli press. I can make a lot of ravioli in a short time....View attachment 21194
Lay a sheet of pasta, make pockets with dimpled piece, add filling, another sheet on top ... TADA! ravioli.
Back in the day my mother had one of these. Got passed to my ex-sister in law.

Back