Father's Day pizza on the E6

Dan,
Pies look amazing. What you guys are doing with pie here is incredible. Pizza is the next hurdle I am going to tackle, I hope I can get it looking as good as yours. Happy father's day, looks like the kids were involved in the pie making, that had to make the cook ever better.

GREAT looking pies, Dan! You've got that E6 dialed in! Just don't let any Italians see that you cooked the prosciutto!! 🤣🤣 (confession....I like a little crisp on my prosciutto, too!) :)

I think it's the Summer of Pizza here on TVWBB!

R

Dang, not only does it look good, but you make it look easy
The cooking part is getting easier. I'm still learning the right amount of fuel and cook times.

This batch was 600F stone about 630F dome temp for about 4 mins cook time.

I wish I had a screened porch so we could make the pies outside and then I could just hose it down when done.

We made six pies to ensure some leftovers.

GREAT looking pies, Dan! You've got that E6 dialed in! Just don't let any Italians see that you cooked the prosciutto!! 🤣🤣 (confession....I like a little crisp on my prosciutto, too!) :)

I think it's the Summer of Pizza here on TVWBB!

R
Thanks.

I've not been properly trained on prosciutto cooking. The three cheese pizza was fantastic.

I drizzled garlic infused EVOO on it after it was cooked, otherwise it had no sauce.

And, I used your dough recipe again, though I used a little less olive oil.

Dan,
Pies look amazing. What you guys are doing with pie here is incredible. Pizza is the next hurdle I am going to tackle, I hope I can get it looking as good as yours. Happy father's day, looks like the kids were involved in the pie making, that had to make the cook ever better.
Thanks, and the kids were not only involved, they gave me a pizza cutter as a fathers day gift.

Here's my youngest breaking it in.

20220619_191340.jpg

Bravo! I've been seeing more Weber Kamado pizza cooks with the stone high, and no second level diffuser....seem you nailed the setup!!

Bravo! I've been seeing more Weber Kamado pizza cooks with the stone high, and no second level diffuser....seem you nailed the setup!!
A 16 inch stone for a 13 inch pizza worked well.

Temp of the stone dropped from 630 to 590 on the first cook, and recovered in less than 2 mins.

Next cook I'm going to try a bit hotter. Maybe 650 stone 700 dome.

With most kamado type grills and pizza, burning the crust with too hot a stone is typically an issue. The recommended setup is to have a diffuser (second pizza stone etc) under the top stone. I had that issue in my previous kamado grills.

Just seems the Weber Kamado, when you place the stone up high, does not need the second diffuser layer.

Back