Family favorite cook here yesterday...

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
My family really enjoys some basic stuff for dinner sometimes. I'm glad, because it's fun to make and the flavor is there thanks to a proper hot dog chili and homemade slaw.

Using the small Vortex. Placed a small wax lighter tab on the grate and stacked the charcoal on top. Fired up the tab and dropped the lid in place and figured it come on up to temp in due time.

I adjusted the top vent to keep it from reaching full blown inferno level heat output, but a nice controlled heat source.

Used a combination of rubs on the wings. RecTec Greek rub & Plowboy's Yardbird rub. They yield an excellent flavor and zero heat which is a requirement of my wife.

Last edited:
Wings look great! White slaw on a hotdog, that's my favorite as well!!
Great looking cook,
Tim

Wings look great! White slaw on a hotdog, that's my favorite as well!!
Great looking cook,
Tim

Thanks.

I use the shredded cabbage and add Duke's mayo, honey, cider vinegar and lime juice.

Family loves it on hot dogs and pulled pork sandwiches, too.

I like the use of the mezzanine for the dogs, one of my fav techniques too!
Hey, how did the kettle ribs turn out?

The grate system that came with my MasterTouch really is handy.

I left the center grate section off on the last wing cook. It was left on for this cook because I dumped all the wings onto the center and then shuffled them into place with some tongs. I left it on to burn off the stuff.

I"m doing the ribs today. Probably using the WSM since I'm going to start it up with a butt on there first.

Wings and chili dogs, both look killer. Like you said basic stuff, but stress free and super good.

A fun cook & good looking food! Makes me want a chili dog - haven't had one in at least a decade.

Awesome hot dogs with slaw and wings. Simple is always a nice things and you did outstanding.

You're all over the Spectrum with the Adult Bev spin.. I like both, have both in my fridge.. Not a fan of the 16 oz bottle... Taste too much aluminum Looks delish tho...

Back