Fail...

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
I had this awesome idea for a meal(inspired by someone).

Time: 3 min-ish(1.5-ish min to mutch)
Wood: None
Temp: Inferno
Taste: Burnt/with a hint of carboard

I will walk you thru it:

Part of the loin cut rather thin and hammered out to a really tthin peice of protein.
00234.JPG

Marinated in teriyaki for about 5h.
01412.JPG

Here is my setup...A hot fire,a beer,tongs,and a glove so i dont burn myself...And added some spice mix on both sides. Ok here is the plan i add em one by one as fast as i can. When all slices is cooking a few grinds of spices and grab the camera for a fast pic. Then turn the first one moving on to the second and so on. Dont wanna overcook em...Right? :confused:
0167.JPG

Here is when everything turned bad...Tryed to flip the first peice o pork...But it was stuck...When i say stuck i meant freaking infused with the grate. . Dident have a spatula on hand so i had to run inside and get one.(add another 40-ish sec to this cook) And needless to say most of the peices was burnt to charcoal. I think i tossed 1/3 of the meat.
02010.JPG

The saved ones,Looks good?...Well the coin have 2 sides right!?;) (should have tossed these aswell)
0296.JPG

Served in a tortilla with some veg and different sauces to "hide" the dryness.
0444.JPG

Have a bite if ya dare!
0403.JPG

I can tell ya: None of the family Members liked this one.
A well..Not every meal is a good one.(i get the hint Ohh mighty Q lord)

Thanks for your time and i hope you all feel insired :cool:

Wolgast;
We've all "been there and done that"... It takes a real man to admit that sometimes, "things happen". One thing sure, you probably won't have to be told to "don't do that again" :rolleyes:...

Good smokin'!:wsm:

Dale53

Too bad , Daniel . On paper it was a fine idea. Next time you think a cast iron pan with some oil , or maybe just oil the grates up good? We learn by our mistakes....

Daniel this looks really delicious!!
0403.JPG

BUT not everything tastes as good as it looks! Been there, did that, won the t-shirt! BUT, I tried the same failed cook again after learning the mistakes and
it came out great. Moral.. just because it didn't work out the first time doesn't mean it won't another! ;)

If the teriyaki sauce was fairly sweet that could cause you some grief. After all, we know your grates must be well seasoned with all the cooking you do !

It does look very good. Maybe try the same technique with different herbs/spices/seasonings, etc and it will come out more like you prefer.

thin stuff like that will cook through in 30 seconds.
but i have been noticing how folks get bummed out so easily and quickly these days.
it takes time and practice to get it were you want it.
we need to be enjoying the process folks !

You know you're among good friends when you even post your failures. ;)
And just simply retitle the name of the dinner. For example this become "Cajun style teriyaki pork burritos". :)

You can nail a frozen pizza every day, but it doesn't make you any better. We all need to make mistakes, I'm impressed by that you share it

No worries, Daniel. You're still the man! Even though you say it wasn't good, you still manage to make it look great! I would eat your cooking any day of the week. Take care.

Mike

Dont give up! Try it again until you nail it. Maybe just on a smaller scale till you do.

Back