Fail...

Thanks ppl!

I have read alot of good tips here. Since my Cig´s have a good coating i thought this cook was gonna be a winner. But i had a grease fire aswell 3 min after i dumped the lit. So i let that burn out before i added the meat. Should have added oil to the grates at this stage...Or even some oil in the marinade.

The Origanal dude that inspired me is on the Primo Forum,and as stated in this thread he cooked em on a CI griddle.

And the sugar/marinate time could be off aswell. Anyways...Thanks again ppl!(and i sure will do this again)

One of the nice things about this board is that we are willing to share our mistakes so others can learn. Thanks.
Ray

Good effort if not the expected result. For meat that thin, I think I would lightly flour and pan sear and then make a nice sauce from the pan fond. To me, thin meat is stove top or CI pan on the kettle and not fire exposed. But that dish does look good...........................d

I don't know bout a fail...I'd eat that buddy! At least you can admit it and even post it...most of my fails don't get talked about...

Good man Daniel!

I think it's the sugar in the teriyaki marinade. I did wings yesterday.... they were marinated for ~3.5 hours, & at 15 minutes they looked like they should @ 35 minutes so I dropped the temp. I want to marinate my next batch for 2-3 days.....maybe cure them a little.

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer...........

Looks tasty to me DW, and your post was worth the price of admission alone!

That's surprising that you characterize the pork as being dry. The in-tortilla view makes it look pretty moist. I think the recipe is solid, and probably would be a real winner with just a couple tweaks (like maybe a little lower heat, less time, or not pounding it out so thin -- or some combination of the three). Given your skills at the grill, and if you're so inclined, I'm sure you could turn that into a good one.

To quote (or paraphrase) the saint Stephen of Raichlen....

thou shalt keep the grate hot.... one banana two banana OUCH
thou shalt keep the grate clean of debris with a grill brush
thou shalt keep the grate lubricated with oil

Have a bite if ya dare!
0403.JPG

DARE! DARE! I'd eat it.

Back