EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: 2014 14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker

I don't have any info on this.

Just wipe it down and start cooking!

It's my understanding the middle cooking section will have the square door opening shown in this unit.

It took a little patience to get it inserted--it's a good, tight fit--but once in place, you can grab the edges with thumb and index fingers of both hands and rotate it to adjust the orientation.

The cover is 38" long. You can measure your Mini to see if it will fit. My guess is it's a little long, but could be adapted. It has those annoying elastic straps at the bottom, like the other WSM covers. You could snip those and fold the cover up, like a cuff on pant legs, or trim it and seam it. But now I'm wondering about the diameter, given the handles on the tamale pot...someone is just going to have to try it and report back to us.

By the way, I stand by my original answer about why I gave away my Mini WSM. I built it before I knew there would be a 14.5" WSM, and I never intended to keep it, I intended to give it away to a lucky TVWBB member. :)

Thx Chris!

Chris, have you decided on a first cook yet? I still stand by my functional suggestion of a long burn to test fuel consumption. ;)

No, I haven't decided, and it will have to wait until next week, as I have some other stuff that has popped up that needs attention. But I'll let you know when I decide.

Thanks for the pictures Chris. Interesting to see it next to the 1880.

First cook, some chicken, ribs and tri tip so none of the food groups feel left out, and the seasoning starts with all three.

The cover is 38" long. You can measure your Mini to see if it will fit. My guess is it's a little long, but could be adapted. It has those annoying elastic straps at the bottom, like the other WSM covers. You could snip those and fold the cover up, like a cuff on pant legs, or trim it and seam it. But now I'm wondering about the diameter, given the handles on the tamale pot...someone is just going to have to try it and report back to us.

Beware the handles on the minis tamale pot may make it to wide for the 14.5 cover.
I found that a 18.5 kettle cover fits fine and my wife just hemmed it up for the proper lenght

firstsmoke027_zps559a5d37.jpg

I hear so much about Chris' 14.5

Has ANYONE else received one yet? I don't mean ordered, but actually has one in hand?

I am bugging my local BBQ shop ( www.bbqbarn.com ) I always try to support small local dealers as they are BBQ people and will answer questions, try that at Home Depot.
Since I am not buying it through the amazon link from the site I used Paypal to give a direct contribution to the virtual Weber site.

Chris we should do what they do at some of my other forums, is you donate or "join" by making a contribution you get your name in another color, Northeastshooters uses green and the saying is "go green" just a thought

Do you think the Amazon orders will be drop shipped to customers or will Weber send them all to Amazon distribution centers first?
Dang my stomach is growling........

Do you think the Amazon orders will be drop shipped to customers or will Weber send them all to Amazon distribution centers first?
Dang my stomach is growling........
Al, I believe that Weber will send them to Amazons distribution centers first. They want to sell through distributors
which would eliminate individual order shipment on their part. They do not sell direct to the end user except for parts.

My wife said that smoked food once or twice a year is plenty for her, aarrrgghhh

That is another reason for a mini, I smoke for me while I am cooking the stuff on Silver B for her

Guess I will own two!!! Gonna hit cabelas tomorrow!

They actually did not have any on hand, I used the ship to store option last week because Amazon did not show that they had any in stock. Your Cabelas might have them though!

Hey Chris! Are you going to put together a "out of the box" video like you did on the 22.5"?

So Chris, Does the Virtual Weber Bullet logo need to be revised to show all 3 smokers now? ;-)

tvwb_01_zps630bbf3a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Back