Excellent customer service on 26 kettle

Mark R (LR)

TVWBB Super Fan
I recently added a 26 kettle to my arsenal (using the Amazon link on here) and was a bit disappointed when the lid didn't nest well on the base. One call to customer service was all it took. The Weber rep had me check to make sure that it was the lid that was out of round instead of the base and arranged to send me a new lid. The new lid arrived 2 or 3 days later and fit like a charm. I'm loving all of the extra grill estate as compared to my 22.5! Over the weekend, it was nice to be able to do beef and chicken fajitas on grill grates and still have plenty of room for the cast iron skillet with the veggies, all at the same time.

Congrats Mark on the 26 and the successful customer service call. I love my 26, I recently did five slabs of ribs (on edge) and it was an excellent indirect cook with room to spare (get it?...spare) I'm here all day

I have got to say, I have never had a less than excellent experience with the Weber company! When I had to replace the lid on my performer after 70+ mile an hour wind blew the original off. They sent a replacement in a matter of days!
The only disappointment I had was after I built the new table and was trying to sort out how to upgrade the ash catcher on the 18.5. I wanted to install the better design but, sadly, they don't make an "upgrade package".
Do any of you like minded grill addicts have any design ideas? Time is not critical, I have a bucket. But, it lacks the higher degree of elegance I would like, especially now that I have raised the working height. After three firings, my back is MUCH, MUCH happier! Looking forward to the upcoming summer outdoor entertaining season! Not that snow stops me but, it's more pleasant when one is not slogging through the six to ten inches of what is projected for tomorrow.

Back