EBay asking for SS number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably more audits coming. According to tax preparer jacksonhewitt.com, the number of IRS audits has dropped nearly in half since 2010. Lots of taxes owed but not collected.
I'm not sure there's proof of a direct correlation between the two things. The audits of the small fry serve mostly as deterrent to other small fry. There's not likely enough money involved to justify the cost of going after it. It's the big fish that have all the fancy tax dodges. In most businesses that deal with customers across a wide range of incomes, the vast majority of your business comes from a small percentage of your customers. I'm sure it's the same with the IRS.

I recommend compliance.... I don't think there's a statute of limitations on back taxes. Of course, it seems like the IRS should be after bigger fish but on the other hand the bigger fish have better legal representation :rolleyes:
I will not comply. As I stated. I am done with it. I think I am simply going to give/throw away anything waiting to be built and or sold and I am done with the whole mess. I will continue to do repairs ONLY no resales of accessories, machines or anything. My repair business is local (except for a couple of you all here who have sent me a machine to rebuild and I thank you for that), plus it's kept as cash deals. I a sick of this BS of them trying to prosecute the little guy just trying to make a little "beer money".

Used to sell tons of stuff on eBay back in the 90s. That's how Barb and I would pay for our vacation to Hawaii every year. Got out of selling on eBay when we moved to Arizona in 2002.
Glad I'm not selling anymore.

Yep ! Hold on to your wallet.
Wife and I got audited once about 12 years ago. Felt like I had just been through a prostate biopsy (and YES I actually HAVE been through that UGH). I even point blank asked the auditor. "WTH are you people messing with us for?" I told him with how little $$$ we make and how little we have, IF we made an error it was an honest mistake, not a crime and with the small amount MAYBE he might find a less that $100 error" So why both us? He said it was a geographic "lottery". IOW they throw darts at a map and work over whoever the darts land on in that area. Nice huh?

Maybe, I don't know. A CNBC article cites an $80B plan to recover $700B over 10 years. Only time will tell.
Conversly, the CBO estimates a $200B recovery. Pretty big spread there and we all know how efficient the government runs.

I will not comply. As I stated. I am done with it. I think I am simply going to give/throw away anything waiting to be built and or sold and I am done with the whole mess. I will continue to do repairs ONLY no resales of accessories, machines or anything. My repair business is local (except for a couple of you all here who have sent me a machine to rebuild and I thank you for that), plus it's kept as cash deals. I a sick of this BS of them trying to prosecute the little guy just trying to make a little "beer money".
Larry, the next time I come through your area, I’ll bring my mixer and drop it off, pay cash and we should be good! I don’t mind being under the radar and working in the cash world when possible.

Conversly, the CBO estimates a $200B recovery. Pretty big spread there and we all know how efficient the government runs.

And no matter if it's 200B or 700B, it'll cost 900B to do it. :ROFLMAO:

Without knowing your income level, regardless of your tax basis on a a grand in sales, it won't be that much.

Without knowing your income level, regardless of your tax basis on a a grand in sales, it won't be that much.
It's not the $$ it's the invasion into my privacy. My Ebay things are like a glorified garage sale. I don't let my wife have a garage sale because I don't want strangers snooping into my "things". For the same reason I don't want the gummint in my business either. So enough is enough. It will be repairs only and sales only through private means and word of mouth and everything cash only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back