Easter Ham & Canadian Bacon

TBowman

TVWBB Member
The week of Easter was a busy week. I first smoke 35lb of fresh Kielbasa (I forgot to take pictures), then I smoked two pieces of pork loin, on Easter I smoke a ham.

The pork loin I cut into two pieces after they were cured for 10 days with Morton Tender Quick and brown sugar. One piece I rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic powder.

The second piece I rubbed with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust. They were both smoke with apple wood. The piece that was rubbed with salt I smoked until the internal temp reached 140, this piece will be fried for breakfast. The second piece I smoked until the internal temp reached 160, this will be sliced thinly and used for sandwiches. Both had good flavor but they were a little salty for me.

The ham I smoked at 220 for 4 hrs, I used the recipe from Texas BBQ Rub. The ham was a Kroger brand Spiral sliced, it was $1.37 a lb.This ham turned out great and will be repeated in the future.

Great looking bacon and ham, it obivoius you have been doing this a long time. I would have loved to seen pictures of the 35 pounds of kielbasa! So....what's in the keg?

Very nice looking ham and CB!!! Next time soak your CB in some water to leach some of the salt out and then slice a piece, fry it and taste it. if it is still too salty soak it longer.

P. Mack unfortunately I didn't make it. I will have to check with a lox so butcher to see if I can some.

Back