Drunken breakfast

Clay Neubauer

TVWBB Pro
Hi all, I have been woefully absent from TVWBB and from doing fun cooks lately. Since the frost went out, it's been solid 80-100+ hour work weeks around here. Time to catch up a little now! Here's some views from my office for much of the month of May.

Office2014%20_Large_.JPG

Bugz%20_Large_.JPG

Nite1250%20_Large_.JPG

A highlight for eating out of styrofoam in the field- burnt ends from a very good local BBQ purveyor. Sure beat gas station food or cold leftovers!

2014-05-21%2013.47.14%20_Large_.jpg

Finally got caught up enough farming and had a couple big rains that allowed some indulgence in recreation again the last three days. Made a 550 mile round trip on Sunday to catch a very rare opportunity to see both the USAF Thunderbirds and the magificent Canadian Snowbirds in Rockford, IL.

Snowbirds.JPG

Snowbirdlagbackcross.JPG

DiamondLaunch.JPG

Opposingrolls.JPG

Woke up to rain this morning, and decided to cook a lazy day breakfast. A couple friends had been raving about Rum Chata french toast, so that was the inspiration. Here's the cast of characters.

Ingredients.JPG

Blueberries cooking down in a reduction of butter and Amaretto.

Blueberryreduction.JPG

Hi all, I have been woefully absent from TVWBB and from doing fun cooks lately. Since the frost went out, it's been solid 80-100+ hour work weeks around here. Time to catch up a little now! Here's some views from my office for much of the month of May.

Office2014%20_Large_.JPG

What is that? It looks like the inside shuttle cabin!

Good cook Clay, enjoy the day off, sounds like you need one as much as you had to work. I haven't seen the TBirds in a really long time. See the Blue Angles quite a bit, but it's been awhile for the TBirds

Yeah, CaseIH tractor. We finished planting on Memorial Day after a marathon run, I think I was in bed a total of 11 hours in 4 nights through that weekend. Gotta finish sidedressing corn with nitrogen, spray a few hundred acres of soybeans, and make first cutting hay yet but the big push is mostly over and things look pretty good.

Enrico, all of those monitors and controllers are great when everything works but can make you pull your hair out when something goes wrong! The whole package of stuff there autosteers the tractor from GPS, controls seeding rates, shuts off rows when you cross into areas that have already been planted, monitors things like downforce on the row units and seed singulation in the meters, and a bunch more. There's 52 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow into the planter to make all of that stuff happen, too. Everything has to be happy or you will NOT be happy!!!

Good for you, how many acres do you farm? do you have any help?

My best friend/ next door neighbor farms about 2000 and has a hundred head or so of beef cows, so he is spraying and baling hay also.

I wish my office looked like that, but I would still be sitting at that breakfast table! Nicely done.

It can not be a tractor! I do not believe that you control all functions:) You are the pilot of Boeing 747 or something:confused:
Your ability to shoot perfect pictures is admirable.
Tractor, planes, food, everything is perfect Clay!!

Last edited:
Well Clay, we KNOW you cook OUTSTANDING!
and we KNOW you're a GREAT farmer!!
we also KNOW you are an AWESOME photographer!!!

but every photographer and every farmer and every cook I know wouldn't trade their skill for ANYTHING.

how about you? What's YOUR true love?

Fantastic post Clay!

Clay- Your photos are amazing, but most importantly, I want to thank you for the work you do as a farmer.
Thanks for all of your hard work!

Awesome cool pics Clay!!!! Farming sure has changed a lot since I was a kid. I used to work on a farm during summer breaks when I was a kid and never saw any of that stuff in a cab of a tractor!

Clay- Your photos are amazing, but most importantly, I want to thank you for the work you do as a farmer.
Thanks for all of your hard work!

Scott, my sister lived in Roanoke when she was going to school. Very nice town. Thanks for the nice comments, I hope it gives you guys a little insight to where the food comes from. You'd sure be more than welcome to stop by if you are ever in the area!

Last edited:
Well Clay, we KNOW you cook OUTSTANDING!
and we KNOW you're a GREAT farmer!!
we also KNOW you are an AWESOME photographer!!!

but every photographer and every farmer and every cook I know wouldn't trade their skill for ANYTHING.

how about you? What's YOUR true love?

Fantastic post Clay!

Jim, I'll have to get back to you after I make the Wall Street Journal :cool: Pretty sure if I didn't have some other hobbies the farming thing would have put me in a padded room wearing a strait jacket by now.... Best thing about playing with these Weber grills, the funding stream is a lot easier to manage, a mistake doesn't cost thousands of dollars, and even if you do make a mistake it will probably still be pretty good to eet!!!!

Jim, I'll have to get back to you after I make the Wall Street Journal :cool: Pretty sure if I didn't have some other hobbies the farming thing would have put me in a padded room wearing a strait jacket by now.... Best thing about playing with these Weber grills, the funding stream is a lot easier to manage, a mistake doesn't cost thousands of dollars, and even if you do make a mistake it will probably still be pretty good to eet!!!!
GOOD ANSWER Clay!
The WSJ is / was just a fluke! Make nothing of it;)

Cool pics Clay. Family in-laws are in tobacco pretty big down here and peanuts. Tobacco is about a thing of the past though.
Thanks for the pics!!

Back