Does anyone own a new Weber gas grill?

JSaus

TVWBB All-Star
After 20 years with my Silver B and having already replaced burners, grates, favorizer bars, drip pan etc. I decided on a new grill. Bought a Spirit E-330 because it was the same size as the Silver B, had some nice features and was relatively affordable. I read about the rust problems with the cabinets but many reviews cite no such problems. Had no rust on my old grill, so I hope the best.

What I notice on this forum is a love affair with the old grills and a lot of restoration. Seems Weber has taken a bit of a step toward the old classic open cart design with the Spirit II and Genesis II series.

I would like to hear some experiences and feedback with your new grills.

Personally would never buy the new ones. For a couple reasons. One is the way Weber burned me on warranty with my Summit and 2 is they ruined the design when they reoriented the burners

I cooked on a Genesis II 2 burner for about a year. I picked it up for $150 with cover and tank and sold it a year later for $300. They only made that model for about 2 years. I liked it. I even did rotisserie chickens on it. I actually returned the rotisserie as it was a 3rd party that I had planned on using for multiple grills but I could not flip up the left shelf in the picture because they put the roti cord on the bottom instead of the side. The best thing is how easy the burners and everything came apart for cleaning. Basically toolless. And the best thing about a newer grill is you don't have 20 years worth of yuck to clean.20201021_175340.jpg

My daughter gave me a new Genesis ll E330 about a year ago.
I like it a lot. It seems nicer to grill on than my original Genesis Gold.

My brother has a newer 4 burner stainless genesis II. He's had it 3 or 4 years. It's been a fine grill for him. It performs just as well as my old genesis1000. It still looks good too. And a close friend has a 2 burner spirit. He's had it 4 or 5 years. No problems at all to date.

I like the vintage genesis grills best for their nostalgia and simplicity. But I wouldn't have a problem at all with a new weber. From close experience with those 2 grills they are pretty great.

I just got a new Spirit II E-310 NG a little over a month ago. I don't use gas too often, but my old grill was in pretty bad shape, and I've been so impressed by the Weber charcoal products I've used, I decided to upgrade. I'm sure glad I did! It's light years ahead of any gas grill I've ever used. I've never had one that cooks so evenly and heats so fast. I have no idea how it compares with older Weber products, but it's definitely better than the Broil King, Kenmore, Char Broil and Arklas I've used in the past.

In my few months of use of the new grill, I like the new burner orientation better mainly for the indirect cooking. I love the sear station-Weber should make it a standard feature on the entire line. I hate how hard it is to hang a tank inside the cabinet.

I picked up a NatGas E 330 after helping a friend buy a new grill. It just showed up on an alert at a give-away price so I bought it.
I converted it to propane on the cheap ( orifices only even though I read not to on this site ) and to be candid it is great for many things, but could not be my only grill.

It is larger than my Silver B, gets hot faster, does a great sear with the cast iron grills.

I've used it for beer can chicken, pizza, salmon burgers, beef burgers, shrimp on a griddle, and as an "oven" when the temps are 100+ and the kids want something baked and I refuse to heat up the house with an oven.

After I got the E 330, I covered my silver B, moved it to the corner of the patio and wondered what its future would be. Then I saw a post on this site about rotisserie options, and picked up an only fire from the amzn warehouse and fell in love with my silver B all over again.

A week later, I picked up a second free to me silver B, swapped in the best of the two and have decided it's primary role will be rotisserie, or an extra grill for a larger gathering.

If I had to choose between the E 330 or the Silver B it would be hard. The Silver B has been with me for 20+ years, and it does some things very, very well, but the E 330 sear station and heat output of the three combined burners (left, sear, middle) is fantastic.

I don't use either gas grill for slow cooks, as I have the BGE and the pellet smoker, and those two are in a similar tug of war at times, but I won't go there.

My point? If you have space, hang on to the Silver B. You might find it excels in areas where the Spirit struggles and if you are having a larger gathering, having too much grill space has never been a complaint I've heard of.

Good luck !

I’ve also got a Spirit E-330 from 2017 that was my workhorse until I got a Red LE kettle and fell down the rabbit hole. It’s got zero issues and performs flawlessly.

Also have a redhead Genesis 1000 from about 1997 that is also a reliable workhorse when called upon.

Those two gas grills were the primer that got me to be such a Weber guy. I was fairly naive when I got my Spirit and bought off brand name alone; the redhead was my dads and was reliable, and Weber had such a good reputation that I sucked it up and spent the coin. Glad to say I’ve never had one of those flimsy turd buckets out there

Bought a Spirit E-330........... I would like to hear some experiences and feedback with your new grills.
J, I rehab a grill every now and then, and this has allowed me the chance to
cook on about 50 different grills over the last few years. It also has allowed
me to select a different grill each year to use as our daily cooker.
This year we are rolling with a Spirit S330. My wife and I have both been
impressed with how well it performs, and very happy with how quickly it
heats up. We don't need the extra space of a Genesis, so this is the perfect
size for us. We love the side burner to fry fish or chicken, so you don't stink
up the inside of the house. The sear burner is a plus, but really not needed,
as you can sear a steak quite well using only the 3 main burners.

The only downfall on this grill is ..... the inevitable rust on the cart- primarily
the floor, but it will spread up the sides also. Do your best to keep your
grill dry. Preferably in the garage, storage shed, or under a covered roof.
I do NOT recommend you to use a grill cover. That will only trap in the
moisture and condensation, and accelerate the rusting process.
Keep your grill dry, rust free, and you will have an excellent cooker for many
years to come.

J, I rehab a grill every now and then, and this has allowed me the chance to
cook on about 50 different grills over the last few years. It also has allowed
me to select a different grill each year to use as our daily cooker.
This year we are rolling with a Spirit S330. My wife and I have both been
impressed with how well it performs, and very happy with how quickly it
heats up. We don't need the extra space of a Genesis, so this is the perfect
size for us. We love the side burner to fry fish or chicken, so you don't stink
up the inside of the house. The sear burner is a plus, but really not needed,
as you can sear a steak quite well using only the 3 main burners.

The only downfall on this grill is ..... the inevitable rust on the cart- primarily
the floor, but it will spread up the sides also. Do your best to keep your
grill dry. Preferably in the garage, storage shed, or under a covered roof.
I do NOT recommend you to use a grill cover. That will only trap in the
moisture and condensation, and accelerate the rusting process.
Keep your grill dry, rust free, and you will have an excellent cooker for many
years to come.

I'm not sure rust is inevitable? My buddy has a two burner spirit with the closed cart that's 4 or 5 years old. No rust at all on his. His sits outside under a partially covered patio and he used a grill cover.

I know climate and geography have something to do with it too. But it looks like we live in roughly the same geographic area? Not doubting your experience. Just saying it's not ALWAYS the case.

I have a Genesis II SE335. Got it June of last year. Am very happy with it and have had 0 issues. I also use my kettle a lot as well. Be doing cooks using together and that is lot of fun.

This is my 3rd season for a Genesis II S-345 and I love it. It just flat out grills extremely well. I have used the rotisserie and despite the hate on this forum for the ability of the new grills to do a quality job with the rotisserie, it does a great job. Will it last as long as the old 1000's? I don't know, but so far so good, I see no reason yet to believe that with a little care that it wont.

Glad to hear positive reports on the new stuff. My next door neighbor has a 4 year old Spirit 200 series with cabinet and no rust or problems so far. I had zero rust on my Silver B frame after 20 years and I used a cover all the time. I think the horror stories about rust are probably grills near pools or ocean front. After 6 months with this one, I do not regret replacing my trusty old B.

A lot of how a grill holds up is the model, care, climate. We know unless meticulously kept a LOT of cabinet grills rusted out. This was a 2017 Spirit. The weight of the grill formed a dip on the base, water pooled, no drain holes, and it rusted out badly in less than 4 years.
20210527_194110.jpg

A lot of how a grill holds up is the model, care, climate. We know unless meticulously kept a LOT of cabinet grills rusted out. This was a 2017 Spirit. The weight of the grill formed a dip on the base, water pooled, no drain holes, and it rusted out badly in less than 4 years.
View attachment 30774
My new Spirit has a big hole below where the tank hangs. Perhaps it was redesigned to prevent the problem you describe. Plus, you do not have to sit the tank on the base and bend/scratch it when changing tanks. Should allow better ventilation too. Maybe a simple fix for a major problem.

Today I just checked out the new Weber gas grills at ACE Hardware. Build quality seems impressive, makes Traeger look like junk for the same money. Now, this was just a cursory inspection, not a complete investigation.

My new Spirit has a big hole below where the tank hangs. Perhaps it was redesigned to prevent the problem you describe. Plus, you do not have to sit the tank on the base and bend/scratch it when changing tanks. Should allow better ventilation too. Maybe a simple fix for a major problem.
That hole serves 2 primary purposes.
1- a full tank when place on the tank scale, will hang below the opening of the hole.
2- when in use, condensation forms on the tank, and it will drip. The hole allows the
condensation to fall directly on the ground.
Natural gas model Weber's have a solid panel floor like the one above that Joe posted.

I have a 2013 Spirit S320 and am starting to experience rust on the bottom of the cart I live in the UK so quite a lot of rain and although I have a cover I don't have any shelter. My fault I know but there are other parts that are starting to fail such as the ignition which is no longer available here. Only porcelain enamelled flavourer bars now too.

Back