Do you use a insulated cover on your pellet grill to retain heat in winter?

Is it worth it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Side note, WSK does not experience this problem due to dual wall construction.

I have seen Traeger’s with blankets.

Both of my pellet grills are full double wall construction. I don't have experience with the Z in cold yet, but I do with the Member's Mark, and it seems to hold pretty well though does seem to increase fuel burn a bit. I would assume the Z would be about the same

I used cotton garage towels on my single wall pit boss so it would hold 200 F on a cool (40F) windy day and it helped alot.

I could see needing one in colder and or windy days.

It's not an issue since I voted the pit boss pellet off my patio

I would of liked to see a pic of the back and how the cover fits around the exhaust vents.

Not an Issue with my camp chef, if it's below 45 degrees you won't see my sorry butt outside cooking on any grill. At that temperature or below I will be playing with one of these Air Fryer, Instant Pot, Slow cooker.

Heh...funny how the human body adapts to environmental temperatures...It's around 50f here right now and people will still walk around in t-shirts/shorts chatting bout how warm it is for mid-October...we don't consider this "cold" by any means yet...

...and my Summit Kamado cooking is cut off at -20...below THAT you will no see my sorry butt outside cooking.

Heh...funny how the human body adapts to environmental temperatures...It's around 50f here right now and people will still walk around in t-shirts/shorts chatting bout how warm it is for mid-October...we don't consider this "cold" by any means yet...

...and my Summit Kamado cooking is cut off at -20...below THAT you will no see my sorry butt outside cooking.
Yeah, I used to be like that too. But my heart meds make me get really chilled in anything below 45-50 now, they keep my metabolism low, really sucks. The worst part is when I get chilled it takes me hours to warm up again.

I've got one for my Pit Boss pellet grill and it works really well when it is chilly. I cooked a brisket on mine for a late Christmas dinner last year, so it was almost necessity a up here in Wisconsin. And as someone mentioned, it really conserves the fuel too.

The cover might help reduce pellet consumption.
It very likely would. I did notice more consumption cold but was it night and day? No I don’t think so.

And I don’t cook in -40 often. Last winter, last three weeks or so of December and into January was pretty chilly. Dang chilly.

Back