Do I have enough on there?

Marcus Harrell

TVWBB Member
Lunch for the week!

IMG_20130324_153328.jpg

I'm thinking like 60 or so flappers...maybe sufficient for a week. Just the volume and what the pile of done wings will look like makes me want to do this. Can you imagine 30 lamb shanks coming to the table....set with no silverware ? I gotta go now and get some dinner going....this forum is a killer in some ways, no ? ( OOH, I think I may need a 26'er for the shanks )

w0w! Good Luck turning all those flappers! Marcus, let's see'um when they're done, i'll bring a plate!

Now to show you guys the finish! I put a chunk of hickory in there just for fun.

Ready to be sauced!
IMG_20130324_165325.jpg

Half in some Weber Buzz'n Honey that I doctored up with some more spices and honey on the stove.
IMG_20130324_165610.jpg

Half in Sweeb Baby Ray's buffalo wing sauce.
IMG_20130324_170025.jpg

Time to tighten the sauces.
IMG_20130324_170205.jpg

DONE!
IMG_20130324_171334.jpg

Had a little help from:
IMG_20130324_164226.jpg

Stillwater Artesian: As Follows. Great beer. If you can find it, you have to try it!

Overall, I still am looking for a real good Buffalo wing sauce. The Moores marinade (that i used in last weekends post) and the Sweet Baby Ray's just seem to be missing something. Any ideas would be well appreciated!

I think Im on a wing kick. Get ready for more wing posts in the future!

Awesome looking wings Marcus! Have you tried this? No need
for other sauce if you follow the directions and spritz heavily towards the end of the cook!
Really is great! Will try their extra hot next time.

They look great! You need one of Lampe's "warming racks" so you can get another layer of wings on there.

Killer wings , brother. One of my favorite items from the grill. Nice work.
I have to say , franks red hot is my favorite buffalo sauce. I usually doctor it up a bit with a little sweetness , but it's a great base.

I've been on a bit of a wing kick lately too...although you've got more patience than me to flip all those wings! I bought the Weber fish basket for just that reason

Back