Ditched the Weber Cart

Yep, that cart is a terrible design. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with the new Traveler model.
Don’t! Unless all you want to cook are burgers dog and steaks.

A buddy bought one and he’s not happy with it. Too short to cook anything tall with lid closed. Also he couldn’t get the temps up with bigger tanks and a hose. He had to remove the regulator and switch to a regulated hose. He can now get the temps but still can’t cook things like whole chickens, chuck roasts, etc. he was past the return frame so he’s just going to suck it up and use it.

That might be the first negative review I have seen on them.
They do have their limitations, but mostly they are evident prior to purchase such as the lid height and stand height. I saw one in action at the Upper Midwest Weber Grill Meet and from what I saw and what it was used for, it did a great job.

That might be the first negative review I have seen on them.
They do have their limitations, but mostly they are evident prior to purchase such as the lid height and stand height. I saw one in action at the Upper Midwest Weber Grill Meet and from what I saw and what it was used for, it did a great job.
After having issues using his big tank my friend went online and it seems to be a common problem. The little disposable tanks work fine. The big tanks do not.

As for the height he was only thinking of the storage space in his trailer (which you could fit a Q3000 (no stand) in. So he went with the Traveler. He other influence was my negative review on the folding Weber cart. Which he about knocked over last camp trip. He thought my 1200 was too small. Which doesn’t make sense to me as I’ve cooked larger meals then he does. Oh well. He wishes that he’d got the Q2000

Last edited:
I like it Case, economic! I think the lip to skip a slip is very wise.
But,C88E4733-201E-4A8C-9ABF-76CB168D3888.jpeg
Would John Wayne approve?

I'm thinking…”Yep, nice job there pilgrim.”

I like it Case, economic! I think the lip to skip a slip is very wise.
But,View attachment 37864
Would John Wayne approve?

I'm thinking…”Yep, nice job there pilgrim.”
Yeah so far it’s working out great. I am going to change out the wheels for a more off road version. Need to make a trip to Harbor Freight to see what they have in stock right now.

Don’t! Unless all you want to cook are burgers dog and steaks.

A buddy bought one and he’s not happy with it. Too short to cook anything tall with lid closed. Also he couldn’t get the temps up with bigger tanks and a hose. He had to remove the regulator and switch to a regulated hose. He can now get the temps but still can’t cook things like whole chickens, chuck roasts, etc. he was past the return frame so he’s just going to suck it up and use it.
Good to know. I love my Q1200 but the stand is a joke.

Good to know. I love my Q1200 but the stand is a joke.
Yeah I was super disappointed with the the stand. I hate to send it to the dump but I’d also hate to give it to someone l. I’d never sell it to someone.

Yes Case it is electric. Sacrilegious I know. My MIL got it as they did not allow charcoal or gas in her complex. Bruce is right, it takes awhile to heat up but they cook pretty good if you don’t open them too often. Temp recovery is long. She used it a few years and then gave it to me for my daughter to use when she moved into an apartment. A tinfoil smoke packet on the element and it is better than no grilling at all.

Yes Case it is electric. Sacrilegious I know. My MIL got it as they did not allow charcoal or gas in her complex. Bruce is right, it takes awhile to heat up but they cook pretty good if you don’t open them too often. Temp recovery is long. She used it a few years and then gave it to me for my daughter to use when she moved into an apartment. A tinfoil smoke packet on the element and it is better than no grilling at all.
We rented a house with some friends and it had one. The rental advertisement showed a really nice gas grill. I took a really long time to cook the Tri tip Intook for my buddies birthday dinner. Those electric grills don’t like wind either!

Handle on that grill is upside down.

Damn that's funny.

I picked up a freebie Q200(0?) grill last week. While cleaning it up I noticed that the handle was on upside down.

Yeah, I felt the need to get a screwdriver and fix it.

I have personally reassembled at least two Q grills only to realize that the handle was upside down. One, I took a full range of pictures to advertise it for sale and didn't even realize it then until someone who saw the pictures told me. It happens. Kind of like walking around with your fly open.

I've been using this one at tailgates for years with camp stoves, the Jumbo Joe, the GGA, and now with the Q2000. The rubber feet give the grill a solid non-slip grip on the table top. $40.00 at Walmart

Attachments

• folding table.jpeg
    folding table.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 13
  • qtable.jpg
    qtable.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 11
Those little rubber feet on the Q grills tend to peel off after a while. Keep an eye on them.

I've been using this one at tailgates for years with camp stoves, the Jumbo Joe, the GGA, and now with the Q2000. The rubber feet give the grill a solid non-slip grip on the table top. $40.00 at Walmart
We’ve used a similar table at camp. The point of the cart though is to contain all the parts of the Q and make it potable without having to remove anything. For my purposes this cart has worked out grease so far.

A569521E-9D06-4268-9861-7C0728D2DA52.jpeg

Back