Ditched the Weber Cart

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
I wasn’t happy with the portable Weber cart. Flimsy, unstable, no where to perch the propane tank.
I ordered a parts cart. It’s going to work out great. I may change the wheels out to larger pneumatic wheels. Mainly because when camping we are always in dirt. I’ll give the stock wheels a go they are fine on our decks. Which speaking of decks with the new cart I can go from our front covered porch to the back porch easily now. Im going to customize the lower tray for better storage. I’m also going to add some hooks for hanging bbq tools.
This is the cart I bought.

Torin 300 LBs Capacity 2 Shelf... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KFQXQW8/?tag=tvwb-20

8400B481-08EB-4483-9773-DAC9B7F937CD.jpeg

Charlie, I don’t need the portability so I am going to remove the firebox from a Genesis parts grill I have and make it into a cart for my Blackstone. Any free curbside pickup grill with a good frame would do to make a cart out of and it should have a hook to
hang the 20 lb tank on if you wanted to convert from the small tanks like I am going to do. I have the Weber Q carts and I don’t think I would trust my 22” Blackstone on one. They are too wobbly.

I was looking at one of those Weber Q carts to modify for my small Blackstone. Not worth it?

Charlie
It’s too flimsy. I did try my Blackstone on it once and no way. I have a lid on my Blackstone and when I opened it it wanted to tip over.

I will be using this cart foe my 22” Black stone too. I very rarely cook in the Weber and the Blackstone at the same time so I’ll just swap them out .

That’s kind of why I built the “Overperformer” carriage I did, I wanted more area with better support. It is better to have more than you want when you need more. I’m heading into the “I have too much crap” column though.

That’s kind of why I built the “Overperformer” carriage I did, I wanted more area with better support. It is better to have more than you want when you need more. I’m heading into the “I have too much crap” column though.
Crazy thing is the footprint of this cart is less than the Weber cart.

It’s too flimsy. I did try my Blackstone on it once and no way. I have a lid on my Blackstone and when I opened it it wanted to tip over.

I will be using this cart foe my 22” Black stone too. I very rarely cook in the Weber and the Blackstone at the same time so I’ll just swap them out .
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I wish Blackstone would come out with a collapsible cart. I had a Blue Rhino griddle that had one, but the griddle itself was a little underpowered compared to the Blackstone, so I returned it. The cart was very nice though.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I wish Blackstone would come out with a collapsible cart. I had a Blue Rhino griddle that had one, but the griddle itself was a little underpowered compared to the Blackstone, so I returned it. The cart was very nice though.
Blackstone has a folding table for the 17”&22” but not a wheeled version. They discontinued the table. I almost bought it several times but didn’t.

Turn the top shelf over and you'll have a flat work top, and more room for the tank underneath.
I considered that as an option. Actually mocked it up when I was assembling it. I wanted the lip to contain the bbq as this will roll into my cargo trailer camper when we go camping. Also roll it around from front patio to rear patio. Would need to strap it down if it was a flat top. Really don’t need extra room for the tank. It’s easy to access to turn on and remove to fill.

For a true Grilling Cart you'll need to add the requisite bottle cap opener.
The only reason I haven’t is because most of the beers we drink now all come in cans. Our microbreweries have all gone aluminum. We always have a church key nearby if needed.

Yep, that cart is a terrible design. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with the new Traveler model.

Back