Dishwasher Smell

I wish we could like our third rack like others do but we removed ours. For our personal taste it 1) often impeded with other dishes even though the upper and lower racks' height is adjustable and 2) the items placed therein did not dry.

We almost always have an empty space in the mid-section of our standard upper rack where we can place items that we would typically place in the third rack.
All standard size(24") dishwashers have almost the exact same interior dimensions, +/- a few cubic inches depending on motor and pump size and placement. How different manufacturers design and place the racks is limited and some designs work better for different folks than others.
That top third rack likely led to the up/down adjustable top or "middle" rack. But again, the interior space is finite. So if you lower the top rack to adjust for the third rack, you lose height for larger items placed in the bottom rack...like large pot lids or platters. The worse design was Whirlpool's utensil rack on the door, which I believe they have discontinued.

Yeah, I honestly am leaning that way. Gonna give the Electrolux one more chance. Bought a different kind of detergent for it. Will give it a go the next few nights and see what happens. I have a question about that 3rd drawer rack on the better Bosch machines. How does everyone like it? I am assuming this replaces the "basket"?
Can't live without it. We use it for all kinds of smaller items and overflow, when the basket is full. Yes, they have both. Another bonus is that Bosch machines are scary quiet, which is part of the reason that we went with one. It's so quiet, that you barely know that it's on. It shines a tiny red dot of light, on the floor, to let you know that it's running.

Yeah, the new/different soap did not help so some shopping is in order. Wife not happy money flying outta the house like it got wings. Just shy of $10k on bathroom, now another $3500 to repair structural issues showing up now thanks to the idiot crappy builder who "constructed?" this house. Whole center of the house is beginning to fall down because no structural ties to the center support wall in the attic. They ran out of full length 2x10s and simply put in short ones to have something to screw in the ceiling sheetrock to. And only about 6" of insulation as well. Plus got to repair the mess the idiot who installed my front door left behind

Well after much deliberation and finally making a decision after the old Electrolux puked water on the floor a few times, we decided to buy a Bosch DW. But sadly none to be found. Best Buy and Home Depot both say they cannot even order one until late June and then no guarantee of when I'd see it. So went online to trusty old ABT Appliance and they have them in stock so I ordered this one https://www.abt.com/Bosch-300-Serie...ed-Handle-Dishwasher-SHEM63W55N/p/108442.html and they even gave me $50 discount no less! Should be here Apr 30

Well after much deliberation and finally making a decision after the old Electrolux puked water on the floor a few times, we decided to buy a Bosch DW. But sadly none to be found. Best Buy and Home Depot both say they cannot even order one until late June and then no guarantee of when I'd see it. So went online to trusty old ABT Appliance and they have them in stock so I ordered this one https://www.abt.com/Bosch-300-Serie...ed-Handle-Dishwasher-SHEM63W55N/p/108442.html and they even gave me $50 discount no less! Should be here Apr 30
Not reading good things about Best Buys future. Seems Amazon has them running for cover for electronics/computers and Home Depot, Lowes , Costco have major appliances wrapped up.

We got our new Bosch installed Tuesday. I bought the top rated model in Consumer Reports, which is entry level Bosch. It took HD a week to get it to me. So far, so good, but have not had it long enough to comment.

A couple years ago, we had engineered hardwood floors put down in our kitchen. The washer that was leaking damaged a few boards. But we could not get the old dishwasher out, because of the thickness of the hardwood.. I had to tear up the damaged boards. I'm in a dilemna now when I get the floor repaired, if I go back with engineered hardwood, the dishwasher is locked in place again.

Not reading good things about Best Buys future. Seems Amazon has them running for cover for electronics/computers and Home Depot, Lowes , Costco have major appliances wrapped up.

In the last 5 years, we replaced our dishwasher and fridge at BB - both KitchenAid. We were very happy with price, service, selection, etc. Had to replace the washer/dryer in the last couple weeks and were ready to go to BB again (going with LG this time). We had decided what we wanted and at the last minute, I decided to check Costco. Over $300 less for the pair! And unlike BB, delivery, installation and removal of the old ones was (truly) free. BB charges a $29 'disposal fee' now. In addition, BB makes you buy all new hoses, gas lines, etc. Costco provided them for free.

Anybody who hasn't seen Amazon pretty much destroy brick & mortar business that sell small merchandise has to be living under a rock. I've been rather surprised for the last 5+ years that Best Buy still had open doors.

I still don't like dealing with Amazon, but sometimes it does have to be done. I still try & buy as much as I can locally. I've tried buying appliances locally, either they don't have what I want, or it's rather more expensive to the tune of 35% or more.

Anybody who hasn't seen Amazon pretty much destroy brick & mortar business that sell small merchandise has to be living under a rock. I've been rather surprised for the last 5+ years that Best Buy still had open doors.

I still don't like dealing with Amazon, but sometimes it does have to be done. I still try & buy as much as I can locally. I've tried buying appliances locally, either they don't have what I want, or it's rather more expensive to the tune of 35% or more.
Years ago they said the same thing about Sears. Now look. Of course if Sears had stuck to their original vision they would be Amazon instead of Amazon

Years ago they said the same thing about Sears. Now look. Of course if Sears had stuck to their original vision they would be Amazon instead of Amazon
Yah. Arguably, the Big Book was the fore runner of online sales.

In defense of Sears, though..... the CEO is really a robber baron, he's clearly intent on looting it and dumping the remains.

In the last 5 years, we replaced our dishwasher and fridge at BB - both KitchenAid. We were very happy with price, service, selection, etc. Had to replace the washer/dryer in the last couple weeks and were ready to go to BB again (going with LG this time). We had decided what we wanted and at the last minute, I decided to check Costco. Over $300 less for the pair! And unlike BB, delivery, installation and removal of the old ones was (truly) free. BB charges a $29 'disposal fee' now. In addition, BB makes you buy all new hoses, gas lines, etc. Costco provided them for free.
All indicative of a company that's desperately trying to up their bottom line. I'm sure they'll hound you for the extended warranty too.

New Bosch is arriving from ABT this morning. Have everything prepped to install it so definitely looking forward to having a quality appliance in that hole soon.
Oddly the only place I could buy one from was ABT nearly 75 miles away! I tried Best Buy and Home Depot locally. All they could tell me was Bosch would allow them to place an order (maybe) end of June with no promises of actual delivery. But, ABT not only in stock but actually DISCOUNTING them.

New Bosch is arriving from ABT this morning. Have everything prepped to install it so definitely looking forward to having a quality appliance in that hole soon.
Oddly the only place I could buy one from was ABT nearly 75 miles away! I tried Best Buy and Home Depot locally. All they could tell me was Bosch would allow them to place an order (maybe) end of June with no promises of actual delivery. But, ABT not only in stock but actually DISCOUNTING them.
Bosch models have been constrained throughout the pandemic. I had a similar issue last year when I bought mine. But was able to buy from a large retailer with a nice discount. RC Willey out here in CA was the only one with product.

I think we got spectacularly lucky when we ordered our Bosch refrigerator a couple of years ago, a month or two before COVID-19 really hit.

On a related note, I was ordering a replacement brake light for the cap on my pickup today. Lead time on caps was up to 12+ weeks, it's finally coming down.

Bought a refrigerator from Costco in November. Their delivery dates are 5-10 days out. Same with washer/dryers.
Makes me wonder how much is real and how much is intentional foot dragging to create demand and drive or maintain maximum prices.

Well, the deed is done. Boy, that was not an easy install. This new Bosch is different than every other machine my kitchen has had in it. All the other ones (including the previous Bosch) had the power and water supply coming from underneath it. This one? Nooooo. So I had to totally reengineer everything. Reran electrical into the cabinet next to it, installed 20 amp GFI outlet, reran the plumbing and had to buy a new adapter and supply line.
Here I thought I had done all my prep the day before, but had to tear that all out and do it again. Oh well, it's done now, runs nicely and VERY VERY quietly.
Only thing I have left to do is remove protective plastic from the door

Back