Demo: How To Embed Photos In Forum Posts

Chris: Thanx for this great Post in which I hope to sucessfully Post my very first photo on this Website from Costa Rica on being a member since the year 2008! I have no cellular phone but will be using my Ipad 2018 or Mac Mini 2018.

Last edited:
Chris: Thanx for this great Post in which I hope to sucessfully Post my very first photo on this Website from Costa Rica on being a member since the year 2008! I have no cellular phone but will be using my Ipad 2018 or Mac Mini 2018.

Richard:

If you're using a Mac, you can also copy/paste (command C/command V) directly from the Apple Photos app. In the preview or thumbnail view, single click on the desired photo and hit "Command" and "C". Then jump back over to TVWB click in your message and hit "Command" and "V".

Jim

@Chris Allingham
Pics are not loading on the site for me like before.
You might recall that I had problems with the old format when using cell photos, but none with XenForo, until recently. Back then I had to load them from Google Photos to Flickr, then to TVWBB.
With the new format all I've had to do is copy and paste the image, but lately they don't show up for others and this time it doesn't matter if they're from cell or DSLR.
Maybe something has changed?
Thanks!!

I’ve applied a couple of patch updates in the past few weeks, but this is the first complaint I’ve had about images in posts.

I’ve applied a couple of patch updates in the past few weeks, but this is the first complaint I’ve had about images in posts.
Thanks Chris.
JimK said this on my thread where folks weren't seeing my pics:
"I've been having issues copying/pasting pics the last week or two. I used to be able to do that, but lately, I can't do it - have to save the pic from another site to my photo library, then copy/paste from there. I suspect it's a site setting."

For the past several months, I've been using Microsoft One Drive. And as much as I did not like allowing One Drive access to all my devices, its greatly simplified posting pics. The pic from my phone is uploaded to the MS cloud, which I can access from the laptop I'm on now. Then I can just browse for the image to post here.

…and this time it doesn't matter if they're from cell or DSLR.
I’d never guarantee that you could upload photos from a DSLR to the forum, but you should be able to from a cell phone. What kind of phone are we talking about? You’re viewing a post in a browser and trying to paste a photo stored on the phone?

I’d never guarantee that you could upload photos from a DSLR to the forum, but you should be able to from a cell phone. What kind of phone are we talking about? You’re viewing a post in a browser and trying to paste a photo stored on the phone?
Most of my posted pics these days are from my Samsung cell's camera. They auto upload to Google Photos cloud storage. I only use a laptop to visit and post here.
Any DSLR pics are also loaded directly to GP. There never was an issue with members seeing those pics, only cell pics. That changed when the forum went to XenForo and cell pics worked fine. Now the problem is back again, only this time my real camera pics don't show for others, I can see all of them I post.
Here's another try at a camera pic:
edit, I can tell that didn't work because when I click on it I see the pic and a whole bunch of coding?

Zjl5VUbvXwsoJT35SO9OY4oJcHpCduCY6wWU-Mq3Dp8oyuoPh46Mr26LbNBxTkAbgzsSBUhOqFMh4VbeZADCEgX1i4-QD0nYW6hxbnYvqp_Sw7SwXenMw53rTYZe1ENslGUX4CHyOYFhY3Nu2nZQzWNsOojBTWOVHLrQ1M3B00alG-_YJhHdJwUvGy1xRPI8ZgjYIiwTjrghVaC3ng4jItwsm7-ZomGguJke7Jbngik5lKyKHUzCIfFs1Pt44Z8OxBtvUcU189zMUXF1Le4JHoQFretGdG6xnqtXKuGDxMiuqvuynYa0QodRhL5cTcRQfJW5ORrjqlFymQV_gUwlA5l7sWUhDARca8toEojsfxYY6bMMC-XZW29u_buIlj_C88MgPMWSSVHf7VHqXgqHafAtw4YjxLPFnVujt3sak2zM8WJrmsWAnGH5ZX2HurUjTaXGPQfTGYD5SONLKRQjTaQyznrHGRCtKo6favTsKUGiMaeblIsLAwDQ-QQV_K1jdtbXPBbL_S5XuD3jqOgOrTu6xZ2PIE3yhE0k4gCBXN2oZzzJzXQTkh-OINe85QYWnD8X17UZ3ANQsUb7QoS3HGqzlFDLxOzpJ66Tbc8TrxMW-eVIB20xxKCaiUnDcGinYcQ9zBHzUiwEpJu7lqlZ_lgg2HaFsGtCqZtafw-ZbdvsEMb0FjqBq0Qhxwz0ap20tkaLGnKAfpb6G8RHUiFlILEebQ=w1335-h887-no

Last edited:
It's the auto-uploading to Google Photos that's the problem. I don't know why it worked for you for a while, but it's my understanding that Google Photos does not provide the capability for direct image linking like Imgur. When you try to link your image into a post, it's inserting this code into your post and Google doesn't serve the image back to the forum page.

Code:
[IMG width="433px"]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Zjl5VUbvXwsoJT35SO9OY4oJcHpCduCY6wWU-Mq3Dp8oyuoPh46Mr26LbNBxTkAbgzsSBUhOqFMh4VbeZADCEgX1i4-QD0nYW6hxbnYvqp_Sw7SwXenMw53rTYZe1ENslGUX4CHyOYFhY3Nu2nZQzWNsOojBTWOVHLrQ1M3B00alG-_YJhHdJwUvGy1xRPI8ZgjYIiwTjrghVaC3ng4jItwsm7-ZomGguJke7Jbngik5lKyKHUzCIfFs1Pt44Z8OxBtvUcU189zMUXF1Le4JHoQFretGdG6xnqtXKuGDxMiuqvuynYa0QodRhL5cTcRQfJW5ORrjqlFymQV_gUwlA5l7sWUhDARca8toEojsfxYY6bMMC-XZW29u_buIlj_C88MgPMWSSVHf7VHqXgqHafAtw4YjxLPFnVujt3sak2zM8WJrmsWAnGH5ZX2HurUjTaXGPQfTGYD5SONLKRQjTaQyznrHGRCtKo6favTsKUGiMaeblIsLAwDQ-QQV_K1jdtbXPBbL_S5XuD3jqOgOrTu6xZ2PIE3yhE0k4gCBXN2oZzzJzXQTkh-OINe85QYWnD8X17UZ3ANQsUb7QoS3HGqzlFDLxOzpJ66Tbc8TrxMW-eVIB20xxKCaiUnDcGinYcQ9zBHzUiwEpJu7lqlZ_lgg2HaFsGtCqZtafw-ZbdvsEMb0FjqBq0Qhxwz0ap20tkaLGnKAfpb6G8RHUiFlILEebQ=w1335-h887-no?authuser=0[/IMG]

What you need to do is to use the "Upload Image" option instead of the "By URL" option...but my guess is that your auto-upload to Google Photos doesn't leave a local copy of your phone that you can upload.

Thanks for the info, Chris.
I'll go back to Flickr for posting pics, but still can't figure out why posting them from GP was working so well.
Here's a post where the pics were from my cell on GP. All I was doing was right clicking, clicking on copy image, then pasting it directly into my posts. The same as I've always done for FB pics.

All I was doing was right clicking, clicking on copy image, then pasting it directly into my posts.
In this instance, you clearly were copying the image itself and pasting it into your post. Your photo is uploaded to the forum server resulting in this code:

Code:
[ATTACH type="full" width="563px" alt="1626647077268.png"]33109[/ATTACH]

In your broken image post, you're linking to the photo on Google Photos and that doesn't work.

Last edited:
In this instance, you clearly were copying the image itself and pasting it into your post. Your photo is uploaded to the forum server resulting in this code:

Code:
[ATTACH type="full" width="563px" alt="1626647077268.png"]33109[/ATTACH]

In your broken image post, you're linking to the photo on Google Photos and that doesn't work.
Must be something with Google, I haven't changed my linking method.

Last edited:
I'm not certain it's Google. I just tried to copy/paste an image I posted on another site. That image was copy/pasted from my Apple Photo library into a post there (successfully). I tried to copy/paste from that site to here, but got that little question mark icon below.

1632880139037-jpeg.79279

I'm not certain it's Google. I just tried to copy/paste an image I posted on another site. That image was copy/pasted from my Apple Photo library into a post there (successfully). I tried to copy/paste from that site to here, but got that little question mark icon below.

1632880139037-jpeg.79279
Two different things are happening here.

First...You copy a photo from your Apple Photo library and paste it into a post on winemakingtalk.com (which is a Xenforo forum just like tvwbb.com). Xenforo is looking for filenames with extensions ending in .zip, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, or .gif. Since your photo has a valid .jpeg extension, it uploads and posts successfully on winemakingtalk.com

Second...You right-click on the photo in winemakingtalk.com and select "Copy Image", then paste it into a post here on tvwbb.com. Here's what gets pasted into the post:

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/attachments/1632880139037-jpeg.79279/

That's the URL to an attachment page on winemakingtalk.com that contains your photo. It's not the actual photo itself. When tvwbb.com tries to access that attachment page, it can't because it can't log into winemakingtalk.com.

So Jim, you need to copy/paste from your Apple Photo library to a post in winemakingtalk.com, then repeat that process for tvwbb.com.

Now, just to clarify one thing. You can copy/paste that attachment page URL into another post on winemakingtalk.com and it would work, because that forum can access and display the attachment page. Just like me going to my Glen Blue WSM page and copy/pasting the image of the cooker into this thread...tvwbb.com can access the attachment page and display the image here.

Code:
https://tvwbb.com/attachments/glen-blue-wsm-14-1-jpg.36151/

glen-blue-wsm-14-1-jpg.36151

Last edited:

Back