Deli Roast Beef

Dan
I have a magic chef 632. It’s old but works great. Put the roast in the freeze for 45 minutes before slicing. SPOG rub and about 3 hours in the E6 at 200ish.

Bob
Yes, there is some for you, but we only offer pickup.

I totally agree too! I do it all the time, using the rotisserie. Haven’t done homemade bread though.

Dan
I have a magic chef 632. It’s old but works great. Put the roast in the freeze for 45 minutes before slicing. SPOG rub and about 3 hours in the E6 at 200ish.

Bob
Yes, there is some for you, but we only offer pickup.
I have the same slicer, I bought it years ago to make Italian beef. It's been a good slicer throughout the years, no complaints here.

Attachments

• IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19
Very nice Mark, really looks fantastic. Think I'll take out a second mortgage and go buy me some beef and do the same.
Yeah I hear you. But around here good roast beef is 12 to 15 dollars a pound. God knows what it’s injected with. The beef I used was bottom round. It was on sale for 5 dollars a pound. Very juicy and tender. Cook time was 3 hours.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear you. But around here good roast beef is 12 to 15 dollars a pound. God knows what it’s injected with. The beef I used was bottom round. It was on sale for 5 dollars a pound. Very juicy and tender. Cook time was 3 hours.
Yeah, It's nuts here too. Barb works at Safeway, and they have what they call $5.00 Fridays where some items are $5.00 just on Friday. Yesterday we went in at about 4pm on the way home, Barb wanted to get her work schedule. She mentioned that they had New York Strip steak for $5.00 a pound so we decided to get a few steaks. We went back to the meat dept. and Barb asked Smokey (butcher) if she could get a few 1" steaks. He said they were all out. went through 1500 pounds in one day. Crazy!

You’ve inspired me. I picked up 2 bottom round roasts at Albertson’s today at $4.99/lb. One for starting jerky tomorrow and 1 for deli beef for the new year. My slicer arrives today so it will be jerky marinating tomorrow and smoking time on the 23rd for Christmas presents for my son and his girlfriend arriving tonite from Seattle.

Back