Deleted thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t going to comment but, Jon you are one of the nicest people on this board, you did not start anything out of the ordinary. We veered off the path and Chris was there to turn us back. It is why this is a great place to visit.
I have to second this sentiment. Jon you are not only one of the nicest people, but also you maintain sincere enthusiasm and positivity. You're a great example to folks, I'd say.

Well, if you are going to light a fire, (it has to be in a Weber) I have this great recipe for some ribs and..........lol

Chris, What happened our right to free speech!? The first amendment and freedom of the press is essential to the survival of this nation! So we know the drill, what a crock of dung.. You should put a sign on this web site that says THIS SITE DOES NOT ALLOW FREE SPEECH, I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE FIRST AMENDMENT THEREFORE I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FULLY CENSOR ANY AND ALL POSTS !! Chris, you should hang your head in shame don't you believe we get enough censorship from google and Facebook? You are destroying this country with your actions !
And shame on you guys for bowing down to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, What happened our right to free speech!? The first amendment and freedom of the press is essential to the survival of this nation! So we know the drill, what a crock of dung.. You should put a sign on this web site that says THIS SITE DOES NOT ALLOW FREE SPEECH, I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE FIRST AMENDMENT THEREFORE I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FULLY CENSOR ANY AND ALL POSTS !! Chris, you should hang your head in shame don't you believe we get enough censorship from google and Facebook? You are destroying this country with your actions !
And shame on you guys for bowing down to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude, Chris Allingham OWNS this site. You are a GUEST in his house.... YOU either abide by HIS rules, or take a hike. it's simple.

1st amendment prohibits the government from infringing on your freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, right to petition the government, or restricting the press. It says nothing about barbecue forums. The rules that you say should be hung from a sign on this forum are listed in the Terms of Service that you failed to read when you joined the forum. I would suggest you take a look at them. I reserve the right to edit or delete posts for any reason or no reason whatsoever. Discussion of anything political or even smelling like politics, religious discussion, sexual discussion, or other controversial subjects (in my opinion) are subject to editing or deleting, but I try to do so wisely and minimally. I'm not always perfect at it, but I do the best I can and, on balance, having kept this place going for 21 years I think I've done a pretty good job overall.

So just for clarity, the inflation subject is off limits ?

That means we should not talk beef and pork prices ? Or anything that might influence those prices ?
I want to address Lynn's earlier question. Of course mentioning the high price of meat is fine. I paid $6.99/lb for pork belly the other day, it was $2.79/lb just a couple of years ago. Wow! But when posts start breaking it down into influences like government regulation, trade policy, poor leadership, finger pointing about who's to blame, how the country is really going to pot...that's stuff that just gets people riled up and results in even more such commentary, and that's the stuff I want to avoid and will edit out when I see it or when members bring it to my attention.

There's enough controversy for us to deal with about GrillGrates vs regular grates, briquets vs lump, water in the pan vs an empty pan...we don't need all of this other stuff that is not related to the mission of this forum.

1st amendment prohibits the government from infringing on your freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, right to petition the government, or restricting the press. It says nothing about barbecue forums. The rules that you say should be hung from a sign on this forum are listed in the Terms of Service that you failed to read when you joined the forum. I would suggest you take a look at them. I reserve the right to edit or delete posts for any reason or no reason whatsoever. Discussion of anything political or even smelling like politics, religious discussion, sexual discussion, or other controversial subjects (in my opinion) are subject to editing or deleting, but I try to do so wisely and minimally. I'm not always perfect at it, but I do the best I can and, on balance, having kept this place going for 21 years I think I've done a pretty good job overall.

I want to address Lynn's earlier question. Of course mentioning the high price of meat is fine. I paid $6.99/lb for pork belly the other day, it was $2.79/lb just a couple of years ago. Wow! But when posts start breaking it down into influences like government regulation, trade policy, poor leadership, finger pointing about who's to blame, how the country is really going to pot...that's stuff that just gets people riled up and results in even more such commentary, and that's the stuff I want to avoid and will edit out when I see it or when members bring it to my attention.

There's enough controversy for us to deal with about GrillGrates vs regular grates, briquets vs lump, water in the pan vs an empty pan...we don't need all of this other stuff that is not related to the mission of this forum.
Today I paid $5.99 a pound for a 16.6# belly and the local IGA. Price has risen since the last time I purchased belly at $3.75. And I live in the deep deep south where we run dawgs and hawgs. Time for more 'Beam and Mexican Coke made with real sugar and not that HFCS stuff.
'

Today I paid $5.99 a pound for a 16.6# belly and the local IGA. Price has risen since the last time I purchased belly at $3.75. And I live in the deep deep south where we run dawgs and hawgs. Time for more 'Beam and Mexican Coke made with real sugar and not that HFCS stuff.
'
Chris I did read the terms and you are correct, my error.

I am trying to think up a good way to mod a ceramic igniter into my 13 bar deep box in place of the stock SS gas collector igniter.

A battery powered one?
Yah. but might just replace the battery part with a Piezo. They last ten time, maybe 30x longer. I saw someone mention using a hose clamp to hold the igniter to the burner....but I would like something a bit less duct tapish.

And I'm only going to hope that this was a sarcastic post meant to humor the situation, and I hope all of you will do the same.

But, just in case, is there a way to ignore this guys posts if he was serious? Asking for all of my TVWBB friends.

After nearly 3 pages discussing a deleted thread and I am so ready to move on.

Yah. but might just replace the battery part with a Piezo. They last ten time, maybe 30x longer. I saw someone mention using a hose clamp to hold the igniter to the burner....but I would like something a bit less duct tapish.

I looked at doing what you are talking about, but with everything I could find, the hooded ceramic electrode was too long to line up with the existing burner jets for the 13- or the 5-bar cookbox without enlarging the existing opening. If you look at the OEM electrode part of it extends through the cookbox.

And I'm only going to hope that this was a sarcastic post meant to humor the situation, and I hope all of you will do the same.

But, just in case, is there a way to ignore this guys posts if he was serious? Asking for all of my TVWBB friends.
Yea you could block or ignore any one.
Just put your cursor over a name ( like mine) and hit Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back