Deep Dish Pizza

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My attempt at a Chicago style deep dish pizza.

Used a store bought dough, made my owe pizza sauce and the ingredients I added to the pizza were from bottom to top. Greased pan liberally with olive oil, pizza dough, mozzarella cheese, peperoni, sliced garlic stuffed green olives, mushrooms, hot Italian sausage, and pizza sauce topped with Parmesan cheese.

Pie made and ready to hit the grill

Put the pie on directly over the coals for 5 minutes then moved direct.
and let the pizza cook for about 15 minutes

Turned the CI skillet 180 and cooked for another 15 minutes. Pie done.

Pie popped out of the skillet nice and easy.

Let it cool down for approx 20 minutes and sliced her up. Not as pretty as I had hoped but the taste was there, really happy at how it turned out. Thanks for lookin!!

That crust looks great John. I would have been concerned about sticking, but you seem to have nailed it. Was that an eight inch pan or ?

That's looks great John! Some day I'm gonna do a real pizza, but so I'm Pappa Murphy speed

Well done my friend! That looks as good as anything you'll get in Chicago. My standard of measurement is Lou Malnati's...and that looks pretty much spot on!!!

That is a pizza to rule em all! Bet it was delish John...Never done pizza like that before but i love how the crust turned out.

Great job on the pizza John. Never done one in CI on the grill, we have always made ours with a thin crust and toppings then right on the grill. Will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

Like the use of the CI and the pie looks great! Barb and I used to make deep dish pies in the oven years ago and once I weighed one and it was 7 1/2 pounds. Now I could live off of that for a week!

Back