Dallas Ice Storm

Tommy B

TVWBB Pro
We got what the weather man called "Thunder Sleet." Aka a thunderstorm with sleet instead of rain I guess! We closed the office a few hours early so I had to take advantage of the 26 degree weather and fire up the grill!

You could ice skate on these roads!

My sons first snow day!

We do not get much of this weather in Dallas! Thanks for looking!

I like it Tommy: when life gives you Thunder Sleet - you head for the grill. No Bull Sleet!
Handsome dog.

Last edited:
Awesome pics, the little guy has the right idea along with your dog. That cook looks so delicious and the mushrooms. Will you share what you put in them?

Awesome pics, the little guy has the right idea along with your dog. That cook looks so delicious and the mushrooms. Will you share what you put in them?

Thanks Barb. I used portabella mushrooms and stuffed them with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon bits. This is only my second time stuffing mushrooms but have really enjoyed it. I think I am going to try adding a little spinach next time.

Your cook looks great, but those last two pictures are priceless. Sorry for the severity of it, but I'm glad to see you guys getting some weather. I know you sorely need it.

I've been to Dallas twice. One of which was in '95 during one of the worst ice stone in history at the time. Being from Ohio, we drove fine, but everyone else was like Bambi on ice! Keep it safe down there and great cook!

Your cook looks great, but those last two pictures are priceless. Sorry for the severity of it, but I'm glad to see you guys getting some weather. I know you sorely need it.
Thanks for the nice words. I am not sure we wanted the ice but we sure need the precipitation!

I've been to Dallas twice. One of which was in '95 during one of the worst ice stone in history at the time. Being from Ohio, we drove fine, but everyone else was like Bambi on ice! Keep it safe down there and great cook!
Man a half inch of ice in Dallas is like Armageddon! Grocery stores are sold out of milk and bread, people forget how to drive its unreal! Everything is starting to melt today but they are saying we could possibly get some snow tonight or tomorrow.

You the man for cooking out there in that. I've been hiding inside. Too many crazy drivers out there.

Tommy,
Great cook, and way to take advantage of bad weather. Little extra time at home with the family never hurt anyone.

Tommy;
Terrific looking cooks! We've been buried in ice and snow for weeks and frankly, I have just looked at my grills and smokers from inside for several weeks.

Oh well, "Spring, she is a comin', I'm sure"...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back