Cyber Monday - Weber Summit Kamado S6

Congrats to everyone on getting a new Summit Kamado at a great price. I've had the original one for almost three years now and love it more and more every day. It can literally do everything.

Oh boy, you guys are all tempting the daylights outta me. Love the look of those things and the food you folks get off. It would need to be a yard grill for me though since I have a thing about having live fire on a woof elevated deck. If the deck was not elevated it would be different. Maybe next year if/when I build my lower deck or concrete patio..................................

Larry, as you know, I am not a coal burning guy, but after rehabbing that one a couple years ago, I will attest that I was completely impressed. I think it is truly worthy of the "SUMMIT" moniker without any pitfalls that come with the gas Summit. It would be the one coal burner that could actually tempt me into owning a coal burner. If you can afford one, I totally recommend one if you want a premium coal burner. They oooze quality and performance.

Oh boy, you guys are all tempting the daylights outta me. Love the look of those things and the food you folks get off. It would need to be a yard grill for me though since I have a thing about having live fire on a woof elevated deck. If the deck was not elevated it would be different. Maybe next year if/when I build my lower deck or concrete patio..................................
Being as our house is elevated due to flooding issues, having mine on the second floor deck where most of our entertaining occurs makes the most sense. You’re right, it definitely requires more safety diligence. I’ve got a few fire extinguishers handy and a hose next to the grills. Thankfully, in the 16 years since we’ve raised the house, I haven’t had any incidents. I only use briquettes, lump throws too many sparks.

Being as our house is elevated due to flooding issues, having mine on the second floor deck where most of our entertaining occurs makes the most sense. You’re right, it definitely requires more safety diligence. I’ve got a few fire extinguishers handy and a hose next to the grills. Thankfully, in the 16 years since we’ve raised the house, I haven’t had any incidents. I only use briquettes, lump throws too many sparks.
JD doesn't spark at all. I've had Cowboy briqs throw sparks, especially when pouring over into the WSK or its CBs. I'm on concrete though but i do keep clear of the decorative bark we have. With all your fire fighting gear, you should be fine. I've had zero issues with the WSK, its ash catch or even winds blowing when cooking/grilling.

ANY. i've been using JD as my main fuel for 2+ years now. beyond happy with it. it gets used for all my cooks sans full packer briskets and TG turkey. those get briq's with leftover JD mixed in. Wmart delivers and so does Amazon. see where your best price is per pound and gitsum.

I have read (probably here) that JD doesn’t throw off many sparks. I’d like to try a bag.
From the review from the NW lump database ( Link below )

Jealous Devil is a great charcoal. All of our key performance indicators get either 4 or 5 stars: very low chips and dust, easy to light, super hot burning, long burning and low ash. In addition, there is no sparking or popping to worry about. And on top of all that, the size distribution of the charcoal is about as good as we've ever seen. As long as you are not put off by the relatively strong smoke, it all adds up to a Highly Recommended rating.

I've cleaned the WSK E6 once since it arrived in April 2022. It's not pretty inside, but who cares.

I haven't cleaned the BGE in years. The ceramic fire bowl is self cleaning

If I don't clean cooking detritis from the under burner heat deflectors on the E330 it catches fire so it gets a bit of cleaning every few months. The 75% burgers don't help.

Yeah, I can't imagine the WSK is any different than the performer. About once a month I'll scrape it with the plastic putty knife, and I clean the grates with fire every cook. Lol.

Does Weber offer a cookbook with the WSK?

The original WSC offered a WSC specific cookbook to anyone who registered their grill with Weber which I think is pretty good, particularly for someone like me with no previous experience with charcoal cooking.

(Holy run on sentence Batman)

Does Weber offer a cookbook with the WSK?

The original WSC offered a WSC specific cookbook to anyone who registered their grill with Weber which I think is pretty good, particularly for someone like me with no previous experience with charcoal cooking.

(Holy run on sentence Batman)
the "c" and "k" are the same grill. so a difft cookbook won't increase anyone's results. did you receive your cookbook? i am unclear from your post.

Back