TVWBB Super Fan
I happened to be in Costco (East Hanover NJ) yesterday
and they had packers for sale at $2.99/lb. Wish we had
room for them.

Attachments

• IMG_4002.JPG
    IMG_4002.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 12
$2.99 has been the price here in Southwest CT (Milford) for the past 6 months. But I'm hoping they offer an additional $10 off any packer around St Pats Day, just like last year.

I have a Costco about 50 miles away. Between that and the membership cost, it just isn't worth it for me.

I picked one up last week for that price here in Salt Lake City. No room (or time) to cook it right away, so into the deep freeze it went.

Why is this called "Packer" Deal? Is this just a regular whole brisket? What is the usual price? I think I bought and smoked one of these a while back but don't remember the price. I have purchase 2 briskets from Costco, one choice flat, one prime whole. I tend to like the leaner flat better.

IMO The "Packer" is basically the whole untrimmed brisket with flat and point still joined together. (Bovine have two whole briskets, a left side and a right side)

I happened to be in Costco (East Hanover NJ) yesterday
and they had packers for sale at $2.99/lb. Wish we had
room for them.
One of the Costco’s here in Phoenix had a low price, under 3.00 a pound, and I asked the guys on the butcher department if they where on sale. He said they are always that price....hmm I doubt it. Cause I’ve checked before and was like, na, I’ll pass!!

One of the Costco’s here in Phoenix had a low price, under 3.00 a pound, and I asked the guys on the butcher department if they where on sale. He said they are always that price....hmm I doubt it. Cause I’ve checked before and was like, na, I’ll pass!!
I saw a whole packer at Wally World for $2.99/lb today, too bad it’s Sunday and not Friday night bc it’s too late for me to start a weekend cook and I don’t have the freezer space. I’ll have to look again in three weeks when I have another free weekend!

If you keep an eye out, they sometimes put those briskets on sale at WW when they are getting near their sell by date. I got one at $2.00/lb last year. When you are grabbing a 13 lb slab of meat, that is a big savings.

I think they stock up on them before St Pattys day and if it looks like they won't sell them all by that day, they start marking them down.

I just bought a brisket at Costco the other day here in the Bay Area. I was hoping for $2.99/lb but our market is at $3.49/lb. I will need to get another one later in March to make pastrami again. Will need to have some corn beef in between.

Just got a choice packer at Sams Club for 2.65/lbs. the prime packers were 2.85/lbs. almost 20 lbs so should be fun shoe horning it into the summit

Back