Cured Smoked Beef Tenderloin

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
A while ago I bought some cured smoked beef tenderloin from a butcher shop that does in house curing and smoking so I decided to try and make my own. You can see the store bought stuff here in this brat hot tub cook pic:

20161103_171216_zpsct1ojlky.jpg

Here are my results after a 15 day equilibrium brine cure and smoking:
20161217_115400_zpsf6pqvjqm.jpg

The flavor and texture is awesome! I was really pleased. Here it is all packaged up (6lbs):
20161217_205441_zpskuejiyme.jpg

I'm giving half of it away for Xmas gifts :cool:

Looks Tasty! Like dried beef, makes good sandwees with a bit of mustard!

Roger that!

And I`m using it to make appies. On crackers with artichoke garlic Parmesan asiago dip and rolled up with hot pickled asparagus.

20161221_225516_zpswsysjnk3.jpg

and here it is on breakfast sandwich:

20161217_130239_zpsbtixxpdh.jpg

A curious thing happened to this product I didn't expect. After vac packing the slices were rather stuck together and took some effort to separate with a thing pairing knife. To do it again I would vac pack chunks, then slice after opening.

I took some to a Christmas party for 20 people and it was very well received. We hammered 4 packages. Instead of pre-making appies I just served the slices in a tray along with fake crab chunks, dill picked green beans, spicy pickled asparagus, cherry tomatoes, smoked cheddar and garlic Parmesan Asiago artichoke dip along with crackers.

Back