Curb Alert !!!

Nope, I didn't get the grill.
I basically had it bought, the bad reviews didn't help things at all 😁
He kept staling on pictures of the missing sideburner, after a day of back and forth, he finally admits there is NO sideburner, that's when I let him have it 😁
I'm sure he's blocked me 🙃

Nope, I didn't get the grill.
I basically had it bought, the bad reviews didn't help things at all 😁
He kept staling on pictures of the missing sideburner, after a day of back and forth, he finally admits there is NO sideburner, that's when I let him have it 😁
I'm sure he's blocked me 🙃
That stinks. I mean, I already knew there wasn't a side burner but I was still positive that you went and got it anyways.

Welcome and congratulations on scoring this nice grill! A burner set on Amazon is inexpensive and all it looks like you'll need to get started. If the igniter isn't working it would be a good time to replace it while you have the right side opened up. My first Weber Genesis was a two burner that uses the same internals. Don't be surprised when this heats up quickly to 550-600 degrees.:)

Here are a couple good values, not Weber branded but compatible -
7507 burner set, $17.09 https://www.amazon.com/Avenger-7507-Stainless-Replacement-Genesis/dp/B08FTLBR35/
7510 igniter, $8.99 https://www.amazon.com/Home-Igniter-Replacement-Platinum-Side-Control/dp/B07MYCC8C3/

Good luck with your project!
Thanks for these links. I just changed the burner tubes (first replacement set arrived missing the cross over tube!), ignitor, flavorizor bars, warming rack, and grates.

Fired right up, but the flame remains very low - when when turned to high. Is this normal? Doesn't seem to be getting too hot, after about 15 minutes the temp gauge reads only 225F.

Attachments

• 20240808_170216.jpg
    20240808_170216.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240808_170224.jpg
    20240808_170224.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240808_170951.jpg
    20240808_170951.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240808_171423.jpg
    20240808_171423.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240808_173704.jpg
    20240808_173704.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 8
NOpe, you have a problem. That grill should be hitting 4-500+ by 15 minutes.
One problem could be the lid thermometer is broken. It certainly looks like it is having moisture problems.
I assume you are familiar with grills to determine if the grill is indeed not heating up a well as it should. In that case, you might have tripped the regulator safety valve.
Turn off each burner, turn off the tank, disconnect the tank, wait a minute or two, then reconnect the tank. Then SLOOOWWWLLLY open the valve on the tank. Opening too quick can be sensed as a catastrophic leak and trip the safety valve. Once it is open a half turn or more, then you can open it up all the way. Then turn on the front burner and ignite it. Then, turn on the rear burner. Hopefully that solves the problem. If not, check back in.

Reminder: Never open the tank with any of the burner valve already open. This can cause the safety system to throttle flow as well as it gets sensed as a leak.

Thanks for these links. I just changed the burner tubes (first replacement set arrived missing the cross over tube!), ignitor, flavorizor bars, warming rack, and grates.

Fired right up, but the flame remains very low - when when turned to high. Is this normal? Doesn't seem to be getting too hot, after about 15 minutes the temp gauge reads only 225F.
Bruce nailed it, I can't think of anything to add. If you have an oven thermometer or a probe you can make sure you are getting good temps. Let us know how it turns out!

NOpe, you have a problem. That grill should be hitting 4-500+ by 15 minutes.
One problem could be the lid thermometer is broken. It certainly looks like it is having moisture problems.
I assume you are familiar with grills to determine if the grill is indeed not heating up a well as it should. In that case, you might have tripped the regulator safety valve.
Turn off each burner, turn off the tank, disconnect the tank, wait a minute or two, then reconnect the tank. Then SLOOOWWWLLLY open the valve on the tank. Opening too quick can be sensed as a catastrophic leak and trip the safety valve. Once it is open a half turn or more, then you can open it up all the way. Then turn on the front burner and ignite it. Then, turn on the rear burner. Hopefully that solves the problem. If not, check back in.

Reminder: Never open the tank with any of the burner valve already open. This can cause the safety system to throttle flow as well as it gets sensed as a leak.
Yes! Thank you very much guys, that worked great! Big flame now, heating up after a few minutes.

Attachments

• 20240808_192202.jpg
    20240808_192202.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240808_192419.jpg
    20240808_192419.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 4
Free Blue Performer with gas assist. Never mind, not free.

It's hard not to grab these. I hate to see them go to waste. I know there not the best model ever made but they're still a great barbecue in my opinion. They're not big money makers and I have fixed up many for friends and family for almost nothing invested.
These special edition or S model grills are the ones I usually snag because of the SS guts in the cook box.

But...I've been ruined by the Genesis X000. Working on these have taken the fun out of working on other grills. That I used to enjoy working on.
Screenshot_20240810_071104_OfferUp.jpg

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/lT9T2v7VWLb

Back