Curb Alert !!!

So I met another guy who has an old Weber that approached me to help him find a home for his grill so here's another one if anyone's interested. Here's what he wrote me.

"Hi Josh I’m located in Indianapolis, you know anyone in this area that would be interested in it? I agree I would love to see it go to a restorer so someone can enjoy it in the future rather than a junker."

He inherited this grill from his dad a few years ago and replaced the grates and cleaned it up.

So if any of you are interested and are in this area let me know and I will get in touch with the owner to arrange for you to get this free barbecue to give it a new Life/Home.

Screenshot_20240703_030927_Reddit.jpg

Last edited:
So I met another guy who has an old Weber that approached me to help him find a home for his grill so here's another one if anyone's interested. Here's what he wrote me.

"Hi Josh I’m located in Indianapolis, you know anyone in this area that would be interested in it? I agree I would love to see it go to a restorer so someone can enjoy it in the future rather than a junker."

He inherited this grill from his dad a few years ago and replaced the grates and cleaned it up.

So if any of you are interested and are in this area let me know and I will get in touch with the owner to arrange for you to get this free barbecue to give it a new Life/Home.

View attachment 94909
That's like the one I picked up last year for youngest daughter's boyfriend's b/day. I did a fairly simple refurb on it, and a good cleaning. New bars, nice set of stamped stainless grates and he's loving it. Cooked some steak on it the other day. He was so proud of himself he sent me photo of the steak. Only the one I grabbed has a green lid. Sometimes I think I should have kept the finished one for myself :D

That's like the one I picked up last year for youngest daughter's boyfriend's b/day. I did a fairly simple refurb on it, and a good cleaning. New bars, nice set of stamped stainless grates and he's loving it. Cooked some steak on it the other day. He was so proud of himself he sent me photo of the steak. Only the one I grabbed has a green lid. Sometimes I think I should have kept the finished one for myself :D
That is so awesome!! Such a good feeling to give a barbecue to somebody who will appreciate it and take care of it.

I don't understand why people feel the need to buy a new one and junk their old one? Especially in good working condition. With minimal time money and effort this thing will keep grilling for many years.

I don't understand why people feel the need to buy a new one and junk their old one? Especially in good working condition. With minimal time money and effort this thing will keep grilling for many years.

Consumerism and keeping up with the Jones' is a real b!tch. It sucks but its a brutal reality in this country, and folks like us are the benefactors.

It is quite refreshing to me. As I used to restore classic cars, I am now restoring classic Weber grills. Grills are far more rewarding, as far as time investment is concerned!

Consumerism and keeping up with the Jones' is a real b!tch. It sucks but its a brutal reality in this country, and folks like us are the benefactors.

It is quite refreshing to me. As I used to restore classic cars, I am now restoring classic Weber grills. Grills are far more rewarding, as far as time investment is concerned!
That's really cool Cody!!

Yeah that whole keeping up with the Jones crap has never been my jam. I've seen it literally destroyed my neighbors. Eventually by the time I paid off my house they lost theirs. But they always had the fanciest car in the neighborhood.

It's a 2 for 1 special in West Bend, WI... a Blue Lid and a Junior (Silver A) $50 for both.

(You guys in Wisconsin get all the good stuff! I never see this in northern Michigan.)

2-for-1.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. That lid looks like it is in terrific shape. I work near West Bend, but won't be there until Monday. I might swing by if it's still available (probably won't be though).
Message him now. He might hold it for you. I'm currently on vacation and I have two maybe three on hold for when I return to pick up. I had to pay for one of them in advance.

It's a 2 for 1 special in West Bend, WI... a Blue Lid and a Junior (Silver A) $50 for both.

(You guys in Wisconsin get all the good stuff! I never see this in northern Michigan.)

View attachment 94924
No, Chicago, and the left and right coasts get all the good stuff.

View attachment 94924
Do I bail on taking my son to the batting cages and go, or do it later today? West Bend isn't too far from me!

Back